Detailing Black - Ideas welcome

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Detailing Black - Ideas welcome

Ready to ultimately detail my black '07 HD. Any advice from start to finish will be appreciated. Some of the minor problems I'm having are water spots and bug remnants. I realize black isn't the most popular color to have, but I want to keep it up as much as I can and increase the paint life. Thanks in advance. - Og

Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Ready to ultimately detail my black '07 HD. Any advice from start to finish will be appreciated. Some of the minor problems I'm having are water spots and bug remnants. I realize black isn't the most popular color to have, but I want to keep it up as much as I can and increase the paint life. Thanks in advance. - Og
email me, and I will send the sticky.
navyguy@swbell.net

Old 08-27-2007, 11:08 AM

Welcome to the C&D area on the forum....we just finished up some really good threads on Black....read through some of the threads and use the search feature. Ok that was my Smart **** response.

Net is, with some proper care your rig will look great..

Tell us what you have, product wise, photos of the problem areas and we'll go from there,

Cheers

JP

Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Got the sticky! You guys rock! Looking forward to detailing the HD. Very "detailed" info. I'll post some pics. By the way, how in the hell do I post pics? - Og

Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM
The way I do it is either upload the picture to photobucket or my gallery here. Photobucket gives you a link below the picture to use. If in Gallery I right click the picture and select "properties", then copy the url location. Then in the reply window click the little picture of mountains above the text. If using a new version of explorer you may have to click the alert window up at the top to temporarily allow scripted windows. Then paste the url in the little pop up window. Or, you can type in [ img ] before the adress (without the spaces), paste the url, then type in [/ img ] (without the spaces)

I love a clean black vehicle. But, man is it a lot of work.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:51 PM
just a little work

I have used most of the thing talked about on this site and they all work well. Good luck with your truck mine is in the link above i think this is the first time i tried to use it.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by FALCON50EX

I have used most of the thing talked about on this site and they all work well. Good luck with your truck mine is in the link above i think this is the first time i tried to use it.
your linky no worky

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
your linky no worky
Thanks this is the first time i used it

Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Go to the gallery search FALCON50EX that will work

Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Go to the gallery search FALCON50EX that will work

Nice work, you know the one shot is out of focus right?

Is that Falcon 900?

I grew up in King Airs, 90's 300;s. My pops company then got a F900...big plane.

JP

Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by RollingRock
Nice work, you know the one shot is out of focus right?

Is that Falcon 900?

I grew up in King Airs, 90's 300;s. My pops company then got a F900...big plane.

JP

No a Falcon 50EX the 900 is just a little larger. Do you fly no? We have two 50 for the company. I have a black car at one time and now I have the truck.
I went on a trip and came back and there it was my wife was tiered of my 95 cherokee. I am trying to find out what is new on the market to keep it looking like it does.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 PM
No a Falcon 50EX the 900 is just a little larger. Do you fly no? We have two 50 for the company. I have a black car at one time and now I have the truck.
I went on a trip and came back and there it was my wife was tiered of my 95 cherokee. I am trying to find out what is new on the market to keep it looking like it does.
No, he doesnt fly, but my brother flies for Delta...But he doesnt fly those...

Old 08-31-2007, 01:31 AM

Well I don't fly but I have...well not really. Growing up flying co-pilot in the King Airs I got to do some flying...no landings...Flew in a King Air F90 almost every weekend for 4 years straight. Had a lot of fun in that bird...short take offs to test climb rate, short landings....stalls. Kind of fun to actually back up a plan without a tow. That was always a crowd pleaser.

When I got older the my fathers company got larger so they got a F900. Only traveled in that bird once...it was big and fast.

Not a pilot but could have been...pretty jealous of that skill.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Hey Falcon, nice job! Oh, by the way, a 7007 Ford Lariat? The Ford designers are sleeping! - Og

Quick Reply: Detailing Black - Ideas welcome