Dallas Area Exterior Detailers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas Area Exterior Detailers

All,

I have a 01 F150 King Ranch 4X4 with 60K miles. I hunt and fish and as a result the truck has a lot of scratches (some minor that could probably be wheeled out but a few will require paint work, specifically a key job on the front drivers side fendor ).) Does anyone know a reputable detail shop that can restore the paint?
I live north of Dallas, TX in Celina,Tx but work in Plano so anywhere north of 635 will work.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM
I was wondering same thing except more in Flower Mound/Lewisville Area. Sorry to take your thread away.l I wanted to know same thing!1

Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Both myself and RollingRock are right near the West part of Loop 820 (Keller area)... Email us...at least me...

Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Both myself and RollingRock are right near the West part of Loop 820 (Keller area)... Email us...at least me...

I'm here....

Old 08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by jdunn01
All,

I have a 01 F150 King Ranch 4X4 with 60K miles. I hunt and fish and as a result the truck has a lot of scratches (some minor that could probably be wheeled out but a few will require paint work, specifically a key job on the front drivers side fendor ).) Does anyone know a reputable detail shop that can restore the paint?
I live north of Dallas, TX in Celina,Tx but work in Plano so anywhere north of 635 will work.

Thanks
Any chance you and take some photos of the scratches...on the key area...is it through to the base coat?

Old 08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Any chance you and take some photos of the scratches...on the key area...is it through to the base coat?
The key scratch's appear to be through the base coat just above the drivers side front wheel well. Also have some some scrapes down the lower passenger side primarily on the wheel well trim where it looks like my son may have brushed a guard rail. I will try to get some pictures and post tomorrow.

Assuming these areas will need paint work can you give me a rough order of magnitue idea of cost? ( is this even something you do? )The truck is 6 years old so I have to ballance that against how much money I spend

Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 PM
The key scratch's appear to be through the base coat just above the drivers side front wheel well. Also have some some scrapes down the lower passenger side primarily on the wheel well trim where it looks like my son may have brushed a guard rail. I will try to get some pictures and post tomorrow.

Assuming these areas will need paint work can you give me a rough order of magnitue idea of cost? ( is this even something you do? )The truck is 6 years old so I have to ballance that against how much money I spend

If this is a mark through the base coat the only way to fix that is to paint the area and blend it, pending how long the mark is etc. If it can be touched up, that is a good start. Hard to judge without seeing it though. I don't do paint repair but Ryan and I could tag team the truck and make her pretty for the dance.

Or if I am not available, Ryan could do it....at any rate, a physical view of the truck would be needed.

Trending Topics

Old 08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
If this is a mark through the base coat the only way to fix that is to paint the area and blend it, pending how long the mark is etc. If it can be touched up, that is a good start. Hard to judge without seeing it though. I don't do paint repair but Ryan and I could tag team the truck and make her pretty for the dance.

Or if I am not available, Ryan could do it....at any rate, a physical view of the truck would be needed.

Just took some pic's and added to my gallery. Can you view them there?

Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Just took some pic's and added to my gallery. Can you view them there?
yes just looked at them.

do you want the good news or the bad news?

Ok bad news first. Do you know a good body shop? If not, I can recommend one in Keller. All of those marks need to be painted. The not so bad news is that the fender flair is the cheapest part of that.

Now to the good news. I can make some of that look much better and I can make your paint look 100 times better...just based on those photos you have a TON of swirling. It would take 2 days to work on your truck in my opinion. The truck is really dirty, it needs to be power washed from top to bottom, inside wheel wells, undercarriage etc. Just the washing along would take 2-4 hours.

Again, must my opinions on them....

JP

Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
yes just looked at them.

do you want the good news or the bad news?

Ok bad news first. Do you know a good body shop? If not, I can recommend one in Keller. All of those marks need to be painted. The not so bad news is that the fender flair is the cheapest part of that.

Now to the good news. I can make some of that look much better and I can make your paint look 100 times better...just based on those photos you have a TON of swirling. It would take 2 days to work on your truck in my opinion. The truck is really dirty, it needs to be power washed from top to bottom, inside wheel wells, undercarriage etc. Just the washing along would take 2-4 hours.

Again, must my opinions on them....

JP
Yeah I was afraid that it needed paint but didn't know if it was something someone with a mobile detailing rig could do or if it would need to go to a shop.
Assuming I get the paint done, how much to detail the rest of the exterior?Living out in Celina, TX I am always on the white rock roads (currently scouting for Dove). Thus the dirt is an almost constant.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah I was afraid that it needed paint but didn't know if it was something someone with a mobile detailing rig could do or if it would need to go to a shop.
Assuming I get the paint done, how much to detail the rest of the exterior?Living out in Celina, TX I am always on the white rock roads (currently scouting for Dove). Thus the dirt is an almost constant.
I am headed out to Cisco/Eastland on Sat morning to be the "dove slayer"

To detail the truck, send me a PM or a note to
jason@Priakos.com

Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 AM
In agreeance with RR, it is 2 days worth of work, HARD work at that, and those troubled spots are above my level of fixing-- Meguiars doesnt make a wax that fills in paint yet...

The offer is still there, but I will warn you, it wont be cheap. (Email sent)

Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where does Gip live, exactly? Might check with him as well - GIPRAW

Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Where does Gip live, exactly? Might check with him as well - GIPRAW
Only 4.5 hours South of us here in the Quad-County area

JP

Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Wholy Shiite!!!! Just took the truck into Service King and man am I in the wrong business!! they want $2,700.00 to fix! Claim they have to repaint the whole left side of the truck due to the fact it has clear coat. Been a while since I had any paint work done but is this truely the case since the scrapes are on the lower two tone?
Is this the difference between big city prices vs. small town?

Anyway, $500.00 Gieco deductible and with the wife just totaling the Caddy I'm wondering if Gieco would cancel the policy.

Decisions decisions

Quick Reply: Dallas Area Exterior Detailers