Optimum No Rinse Wash

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optimum No Rinse Wash

Cannot tell you guys how impressed I am with this simple product.

I didn't feel like using a QD tonight, so in 25 min I washed the entire F250, including top and windows.

If you haven't used it, I highly recommend it...of course use the 2 bucket method.

Sorry for the infomercial note...

JP

Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I have been using it for almost a year and its the only way I wash my truck now. Its good stuff. Leaves the paint nice and shiny. Its amazing how it works. My dad and a good friend use it now after seeing how well it works.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Ok I don't see a link or any info, so give it up. Educate this poor old Southern countryboy, What, where do you get it and so on and so on.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by 1/2Breed
Ok I don't see a link or any info, so give it up. Educate this poor old Southern countryboy, What, where do you get it and so on and so on.
My bad...you can find more info here http://www.optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html

I don't use this for every wash...only used it 4 times...my opinion is to use this when a QD is not enough...but not use it when the truck needs to be really hand washed with lots of water.

Optimum products can be bought in several on line locations.

JP

Old 08-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Talking

Thanks for the Info, RollingRock.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tried it... didn't really care much for it. I prefer Poorboy's S&W. If the vehicle is very dirty, no 'no water' products should be utilized. Remember, these types of products are to be used only when you truly feel that you don't need to give it a 'real' wash.

BTW, there are several products like this out there on the market... the most common/popular one is QEW. Others include WorldKlass, No-Wet, Envy, Polyglaze, Quickie, New Lookz .... the list can go on and on.

The overall consensus on this type of product is to only use it if you absolutely must... washing with car wash solution and water is the absolute best route.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I tried it... didn't really care much for it. I prefer Poorboy's S&W. If the vehicle is very dirty, no 'no water' products should be utilized. Remember, these types of products are to be used only when you truly feel that you don't need to give it a 'real' wash.

BTW, there are several products like this out there on the market... the most common/popular one is QEW. Others include WorldKlass, No-Wet, Envy, Polyglaze, Quickie, New Lookz .... the list can go on and on.

The overall consensus on this type of product is to only use it if you absolutely must... washing with car wash solution and water is the absolute best route.
totally agree, I think we covered this topic before of "when should i use QD or wash"

The outcome was to use your head...

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
There is a guy over on Autopia (Scottwax), he uses ONR to wash almost every car he details, including Lambos, RR Phantoms, Bentleys etc. He doesnt have problems with scratches or swirls using ONR. If my truck was muddy I would take it to the coin-op first to knock the mud/dirt off then wash with ONR. Here are a few post to check out.

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...here-mine.html

ONR used on this very dirty black Vette
http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...-scion-tc.html

ONR on a black 2004 Rolls Royce Phantom
http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...oth-black.html

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...=optimum+rinse

Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Moderator &

Scottwax is one of the best detailers in the nation -- hands down, in fact. I still think it's pushing the limits to utilize such no-wash products on vehicles as dirty as that Vette.

Then again, Scott is brilliant with a rotary or cyclo and can remove just about anything that he's introduced with a waterless wash product.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
I havent had a problem with ONR but my truck never gets real dirty. I drive a company truck during the week so my F150 stays in the garage. Sometimes I dont even drive it for 4-5 days. As much as I like ONR, I dont think I would have washed that Vette with it. There is a new product from Chemical Guy's call ONE. It is a waterless wash. When you spray it on you can actually see the dirt lifting from the paint. I would tryit but I have 2 bottles of ONR, unopened bottle of Gold Class and 2 full bottles of Duragloss 901 car wash I need to use up first. Here is a link to the Chemical Guy's ONE

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...dirt+wipe+haze

Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Optimum No Rinse is an excellent product. I go through gallons of it! I have a mobile detailing business and I use this 95=% of the time. If a vehicle has a lot of mud I spray that off first and then I proceed with the ONR. I can't stand conventional wash after using the No Rinse. I also use No Rinse for my clay lube too, it is very cost effective.

One is also a great product. I love the way it smells too! When you are comparing the two, ONR is the way to go for the money.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM
You can also put some ONR in a spray bottle and pre-soak your car. It will loosen up the dirt and make washing a little easier.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
You can also put some ONR in a spray bottle and pre-soak your car. It will loosen up the dirt and make washing a little easier.
Yes that works great. In the winter I put ONR in a gallon sprayer and pretreat everything. The works great for pretreating fenderwellls and wheels too.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Moderator &

**IF** you are preparing to fully detail a vehicle (including polishing and such) the 'no rinse' products are a fine way to go pending that the vehicle isn't overly soiled...

If you are **NOT** going to be doing a full detail, I wouldn't recommend utilizing a no rinse much beyond heavy pollen or similar... it's just not a good idea for the average driveway washer.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I use the Optimum every single day in my detailing business. I use the Optimum on some pretty dirty vehicles without marring or scratching the paint. If used correctly No Rinse will not harm the paint.

Quick Reply: Optimum No Rinse Wash