Porter cable pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porter cable pads

Hello,

I bought the PC 7424 with the white pad. I'm thinking that I will need more than one of these in my lifetime. So what kind of pad and backing plate do you recomend and why? Also, do I really have to buy the counter weight to match the pad size even though they are only about 4 bucks? And last question is for any of you in the houston area - Do you know were to buy any of this stuff locally?

Thanks in advance,

BD.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Dog
Hello,

I bought the PC 7424 with the white pad. I'm thinking that I will need more than one of these in my lifetime. So what kind of pad and backing plate do you recomend and why? Also, do I really have to buy the counter weight to match the pad size even though they are only about 4 bucks? And last question is for any of you in the houston area - Do you know were to buy any of this stuff locally?

Thanks in advance,

BD.
throw the white pad away, it is useless, and can cause damage.

match the counter weight to the pad size for best results .. never used one mismatched, so I can't comment on it .. more of a fell versus function thing, I believe.

I buy all my pads online from Rick at www.autodetailingsolutions.com

there are several places in Houston that sell them .. but I find it easier to buy online ..

go to Meguiar's website, and look on the link for wholsale suppliers in your area .. several body shops around Houston will carry the pads .. not sure about the backing plates or the counterweights.

Quick Reply: Porter cable pads