I'm made as hell

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm made as hell

I just discovered that a new White F150 can't be parked under a Pecan tree unless you want big ugly Yellow stains on the truck that won't come off.

I've tried everything I could think of to get the stain off with no results.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by STXDriver
I just discovered that a new White F150 can't be parked under a Pecan tree unless you want big ugly Yellow stains on the truck that won't come off.

Have you tried to clay it, use paint cleaners, and abrasive polishes???Then, bug, tar, and sap removers? Then, things like WD-40???

That sucks if none of these worked...

Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the paint stained or is it a 'blob' of something sitting on top of the paint? Have any pics to share?

Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 PM
oh yes the joy of having pecan trees....i have found that clay usually does not work on the "pecan stains"...it usually happens when a rain comes down and washes the sap from the leaves...sits and then dries on to truck. try a good cleaner wax...i am not familiar with meguiars numbers but i think #7 or is it #21 that is a good cleaner wax. this should do the trick with just one coat and doing it just by hand. if it is your house you will find that the stains will become dark in the winter that get washed off the pecan trees. i have also heard that pecan trees are "self pruining" meaning that the limbs fall off very easy...dont know if that is true or not.

many hear know about the meguiar numbers, but i have cleaned the pecan stains before, a simple cleaner wax alone will clean it....i dont think the clay did anything, which i found odd, it could be the acid and base/ph properties of the stain and wax that broke it down.

let us know what you do and how it works

rockpick..if its like i have seen...the truck will be clean and will feel smooth and look shiny from a distance...it will just look dingy, an not just in one spot, prob the entire hood panel...it is usually alot worse on the hood and roof...and not that bad on the side.

Last edited by troberts6874; 09-02-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
try a good cleaner wax...i am not familiar with meguiars numbers but i think #7 or is it #21 that is a good cleaner wax.
Nether of those is a cleaner wax. #7 is a pure polish, a #21 is a sealant.

Try Color-X or the A-line cleaner wax. Or any other cleaner wax fo that matter.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by troberts6874
rockpick..if its like i have seen...the truck will be clean and will feel smooth and look shiny from a distance...it will just look dingy, an not just in one spot, prob the entire hood panel...it is usually alot worse on the hood and roof...and not that bad on the side.

Yeah... I've seen similar instances. Almost like a metallic rusty looking blob stain (for lack of description) but, it's not necessarily on top of the paint but more of a very slight etch and a light stain that goes with it? I don't see much tree staining here (unless it's pine sap/tar) but, some chemical fallout in and around this area will mimick that problem.

As was mentioned, a good cleaner wax (mother, meguiar's, etc) will likely work on a problem such as this but, you will or may have to focus your work on the spots. Also, as was mentioned, the Color-X option (available at your local 'mart' store typically) is probably a good choice here. The reason being is that it's more of a solvent-based cleaner wax (with some fillers (kaolin etc) that can remove issues similar to this...

-RP-

Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by STXDriver

Dang, that would make me pretty made too

Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How about using baking soda and water? I know it works on bird droppings. It will neutralize the acid in the bird poop. Not sure if a Pecan dropping is acidic or alkaline.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by MeanGene
How about using baking soda and water? I know it works on bird droppings. It will neutralize the acid in the bird poop. Not sure if a Pecan dropping is acidic or alkaline.
It'll neutralize it but, it'll offer no help for an etched mark into the clear. One would have to be standing by, bottle of basic mixture in hand, to combat bird poo immediately. The longer it sits, the worse it becomes. As it dries, it looses much of the acidity as the acidity is conveyed by the moisture in the poo.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
It'll neutralize it but, it'll offer no help for an etched mark into the clear. One would have to be standing by, bottle of basic mixture in hand, to combat bird poo immediately. The longer it sits, the worse it becomes. As it dries, it looses much of the acidity as the acidity is conveyed by the moisture in the poo.
If it was me, I wouldnt stand there wtih a spray bottle of anything....Just a shotgun or some other lead slinging device with which to "drive away" or otherwise ruin the day of anything that tried to touch my paint. But, who has time to sit around doing that???

There were those FMC commercials from a foreign country that killed birds and cats...(JP has the link)...

Quick Reply: I'm made as hell