Help, bad swirl marks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Hey... I'm going through the guide. I'll add to it so, hang tight. Looks pretty darn good though.
Sweet. (I was literally just about to start, so you arent a moment too soon...)

Yeah-- I knew I would have a few things left out...Its hard to remember everything all at once... But thanks for the Kudos.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Going to try to finalize it this weekend.

I also have a plethora of pictures and some other 'goodies' that I've picked up over the years that I can tag into the text -- mainly a 'paint deck' that I snared that Meg's put out for Chrysler. It's *EXCELLENT* and has killer pictures (if I can get them to scan properly -- which will take a lot of time - and is likely a copyright infringement on some level - )

Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
How can you prevent a new truck from getting swirls? what are some good washing and drying techniques.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pmason718
How can you prevent a new truck from getting swirls? what are some good washing and drying techniques.

You'll never prevent it unless you never drive/touch it. They happen to those of us who use exemplary washing/drying techniques

Search a few of these key topics and I think you'll get a wealth of information:

1. Two bucket wash
2. Blot dry
3. Leaf Blower
4. Let the sponge or mitt do the work
5. Foamy brush
6. Tunnel wash

Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
You'll never prevent it unless you never drive/touch it. They happen to those of us who use exemplary washing/drying techniques

Search a few of these key topics and I think you'll get a wealth of information:

1. Two bucket wash
2. Blot dry
3. Leaf Blower
4. Let the sponge or mitt do the work
5. Foamy brush
6. Tunnel wash

And by reading the soon to come sticky.

RP-- Funny you should mention pics... RollingRock and myself were thinking the same thing-- getting some good pics into it... Another thing is that I may have some pics to add to it-- depending on what you have already. Also, the next thread I am putting to gether is going to be GREAT for those who dont want to go all out...You will see...

<edited to add> BTW-- what is the max number of characters per post, so I can plan accordingly (I start long ones on MS word)? Thanks.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 AM
I hate to be lasy or sound stupid but can someone please provide me with the proper link for two bucket washing or any othe links provided for the above topics

Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I hate to be lasy or sound stupid but can someone please provide me with the proper link for two bucket washing or any othe links provided for the above topics
Do one of two things:
Search
Email me for the sticky.

Quick Reply: Help, bad swirl marks