Meguiars Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiars Customer Service

There I was, sitting on the floor of my local auto store, getting flustered at all the different products, trying to decide on what to buy. I spent a few hours searching F150online, and I had come to realize the NuFinish I just purchased a month ago wasn't giving me the results I wanted. After reading a lot from RollingRock (thanks for all your posts) and others, I decided I needed a system, and narrowed it down to 2 vendors.

But how to decide? I looked at a can of Megs wax, but they alaone had like 10 different ones to choose from. Then I notice a customer service phone number listed on the label. I'm thinking "Yeah Right" but I dial it anyway. Two rings later, I'm talking to a knowledgeable gentleman about what my truck needed. He asked me what color it was - silver - and said I didn't need the polish. What? I don't need to buy one of your products? I was hooked right there. He was very patient as I went through all the different products displayed before me, asking a million questions.

So a few hours (ok, a lot of hours) later I am finally done, and I'm pleased with the results. The clay bar was the most time consuming, but also the most rewarding. Even though I washed, used the Paint Cleaner and 2 different scratch removers, I was so amazed at all the "stuff" the little white bar pulled from the finish.

Thanks again to all those that have taken the time to post a lot of valuable information.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 AM
It's nice to here about tech calls that go good these days, I've also learned a lot from reading posts here about waxs and polishing and claybars etc. etc. Meguirers also has a good website you can look out and fill the form about such things and they will send you info. absolutley good people here and good info that makes a differance.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
I have also found MOL and Megs on the phone to be really helpful. Personally (from someone with a silver truck), I prefer to have polish on there, but I am curious to know the steps you took, and we all want pics...

Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I too had a good experience. I called on a Saturday afternoon with some question, can't remember what it was now, but got a message saying they were all busy and leave a number and they'll call back. I hesitated, thinking "Yeah, sure, sometime Monday afternoon!", but I left my number anyway. So, in about 10 minutes, my phone rang and it was a knowledgeable, polite, helpful representative who patiently answered my initial question and several more that came up during our conversation. Was I impressed? Oh, Yeah!!!

Hey, McGuires...

Flagship

Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I have also found MOL and Megs on the phone to be really helpful. Personally (from someone with a silver truck), I prefer to have polish on there, but I am curious to know the steps you took, and we all want pics...
I'll have to give that polish a try next spring to see if I can tell a difference. Even though I already had 2 jugs of different brand washes, I figured I should give the Megs Gold Wash a try, and it really does work better. The next step was the Paint Cleaner. For tougher scratches in the clearcoat, I used the Scratch-X by hand. I still have a couple odd areas, but I think those can be taken care of with a machine later. Then the clay bar using the quick detailer as the lubricant. Then topped it off with the NXT wax. Again, very happy with the results. During the process, I had to call their customer service again, and again had a great experience. I had never used the clay before. I started on the hood one night at midnight and finished 2 hours later. Next morning I called cs to get advice, and the rest of the truck only took 45 minutes... I got a laugh out of that one. Here's a shot of the driver side - the rear door had a bunch of scratches from my dog...

Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Thats cool they helped you out like they did, most companies dont give a crap..Im lovin the truck

Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I have seen what that clay bar does...its amazing. my buddy has a black truck and it an 03 so it had some scratches and swirl marks. He did half the hood with it and told me to come out and look...simply amazing!

Trending Topics

Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JonnyT
I have seen what that clay bar does...its amazing. my buddy has a black truck and it an 03 so it had some scratches and swirl marks. He did half the hood with it and told me to come out and look...simply amazing!

A clay bar does *nothing* for swirls or scratches. It does, however, remove surficial 'stuck on' 'stuff' that isn't removed with simple washing.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I have to agree with you. I gave them a call about 3 weeks ago and I have to say that I was also impressed with their customer service.

Quick Reply: Meguiars Customer Service