Will a Habenero solution hurt paint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will a Habenero solution hurt paint?

Here's my plan...

I'll take a gallon of filtered water, bring it to a boil, pour in a bunch of powdered Habanero pepper and let it boil for an hour or so. When it's cool, I'll strain it and load it into a Super-Soaker water rifle.

Then, when the neighbor's cat jumps up on my hood, I'll soak the $h1t out of that GD cat!

I know this freaking cat hates water, so getting wet ought to make an impression.

I'd love to be able to see the reaction though, when it tries to lick itself clean!!!!

Any thoughts, improvements, ideas.... Anything?

Flagship

Old 09-11-2007, 06:50 AM
I would fill the super soaker with quick detailer and then take it from there

Old 09-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just soak your neighbor's car first and see what happens

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Pepper ought to have a good effect, not only on the cat but on the neighbors when they pet the cat and bring their hand on their face...or other body part!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
cats on my vehicles = "whoops I didn't MEAN to leave that pan of anti-freeze out."

Cats are animals best left hunted for sport!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
water on a cat while on hood...i can visualize the reaction...scratchin the hell out of the hood trying to get off....

a sheridan/benjamin .20 does a great job while they are off the hood....good knock down power but not enough noise to wake the neighbors.

if you do boil the peppers thing...boil them outside...or you might be the victim of some overspray

Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i have tried the Cayenne Pepper on the hood.. they dont get all excited when they hop up there.. but after a few minutes of layin there, they decide to lick themselves... and lo and behold.. thier poor little mouthes are on fire...lil bastages.. they pretty soon learn not to hop up there..

now... im not certain if it would harm any clearcoat, so use at your discretion. the truck i had when i did it, it really didnt matter.. but now, with the truck i just got, id definitely want to test it first

Jon

Trending Topics

Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by ianwen
i have tried the Cayenne Pepper on the hood.. they dont get all excited when they hop up there.. but after a few minutes of layin there, they decide to lick themselves... and lo and behold.. thier poor little mouthes are on fire...lil bastages.. they pretty soon learn not to hop up there..

now... im not certain if it would harm any clearcoat, so use at your discretion. the truck i had when i did it, it really didnt matter.. but now, with the truck i just got, id definitely want to test it first

Jon
That's just about the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

I know I'll probably get a scratch from soaking them, but that's better than 50 ground in paw prints all over the hood, roof, bed, tailgate, etc.

Man, I hate cats!

Flagship

Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flagship
That's just about the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

I know I'll probably get a scratch from soaking them, but that's better than 50 ground in paw prints all over the hood, roof, bed, tailgate, etc.

Man, I hate cats!

Flagship
Most states have what is called a "Leash Law".Check your local animal laws;you might have it there.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by ianwen
now... im not certain if it would harm any clearcoat, so use at your discretion. the truck i had when i did it, it really didnt matter.. but now, with the truck i just got, id definitely want to test it firstJon
Test it on the cats' owners' vehicles, but of course dont let them see ya apply it.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
If I was a betting man, and you made the habanero solution strong enough, yes, I believe it would harm your exterior. If that cat likes laser lights, get one, get him to want to get off your truck and on the ground to chase the light, then nail him. That way no claw marks from him and no puddling habanero solution sitting on your truck.

If bird poop has enough acid in it to harm the exterior, just imagine the strength of undigested habanero acid. Habaneros have a rating of something like 550,000 scoville units that give you an ideal of how hot the pepper can be.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 PM
My first and last experience with habanero peppers was last fall when I was brewing up some homemade salsa. Being stupid after slicing the little devils I reached up to rub my eye.........OMG kids don't try this at home.
I was blind in one eye and it watered steady for half a day. I had no idea of the power of those bad boys. It sure would ward off any unwanted pests but man that ***** might melt the paint... :-)

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Suspended
If you are nice to the pu**y, the pu**y will be nice to you!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I had a dollar for everytime that I've been asked about habenero 'juice' hurting paint I'd have exactly one dollar...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RockPick
If I had a dollar for everytime that I've been asked about habenero 'juice' hurting paint I'd have exactly one dollar...
Rockpick, Rockpick, Rockpick, I expected more...

Quick Reply: Will a Habenero solution hurt paint?