My Truck was keyed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Truck was keyed!!

Well, my trucked was keyed while I was at work yesterday. I was only parked there for about two hours because I was working at a client site for most of the day.

They keyed it from the middle of the front door all the way to the tail light on the passenger side. I wish I would have caught them doing it. My fiance is glad that I didn't catch them doing it because she probably would have had to get me out of jail.

I got an estimate today and the whole passenger side except for the front fender is going to be repainted for a grand total of $1511. That includes $40 for a new tail light because they also scratched that. The only good thing to come of this is that they are going to buff out a scratch on my front fender and on my tailgate for free. I am also going to have them repaint the fender trim (the truck is two-tone) which was scratched and touched up prior to me purchasing the truck for $100. It would normally cost $175 to get that piece painted.

Just had to vent a little. Carry on.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Well that blows! Hope they catch the bastard...

Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
That sucks!

I'll never understand why people do sh*t like that. I guess it's out of jealousy or envy, because you've got something nicer than they do.

I can't say that I haven't felt like doing that to cars before, when they park all sideways & take up 2 or 3 spots, or they park like 6 inches away, so that you can't get in your car....but I'd never actually do it, because I wouldn't want someone doing it to my car.

Hope you get everything fixed soon.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM
That really blows sorry for your trouble. This is someone with no class. As for people taking up 2 parking places, I'll be the first to admit I do it way out in the parking lot beacause everyone wants to be close because they are to lazy to walk. I do it because I paid for my truck and it's my Insurance that goes up everytime some A## throws his door open and puts a nice dent in it, or scratches it because they are just plan sorry as H###. Sorry about ranting but this is one of my biggest grips.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks man. Go out and run over some little defenseless animals and fire off a few boxes of ammo. That always makes me feel better.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I never understood the whole property destruction thing. If you're upset with a person's actions, whether it's a poor parking job, wrong brand of car, or the person is just a plain old douchbag, say or do something to the PERSON...... the car (or truck) has done nothing wrong........
Someone keyed my father in-laws minivan a while back, (down the full lenght of both sides!) and even though it was a minivan, it kinda made me sick just to think what kinda scumbucket could do such a thing.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by 1/2Breed
That really blows sorry for your trouble. This is someone with no class. As for people taking up 2 parking places, I'll be the first to admit I do it way out in the parking lot beacause everyone wants to be close because they are to lazy to walk. I do it because I paid for my truck and it's my Insurance that goes up everytime some A## throws his door open and puts a nice dent in it, or scratches it because they are just plan sorry as H###. Sorry about ranting but this is one of my biggest grips.

I don't mind if someone parks way out by themselves & takes up a couple spots, etc. I understand doing that so that someone won't ding your truck, etc. What bothers me is when someone just can't drive/park very well or just don't care enough...so they half-*ss pull into the spot & take up enough of the second spot, so that no one else can park there...and it's usually up front or fairly close. Then you end up parking a mile away, because it was the only open spot around.

That's when I want to leave them one of those little notes on their windshield that says "Nice job of parking, a**hole!" Granted, they'd probably just throw it down & drive away, but it'd make me feel better.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still sporting a horrid keying that happened a few months back, exact same panels and exact same side as you :X

Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ian51279
That sucks man. Go out and run over some little defenseless animals and fire off a few boxes of ammo. That always makes me feel better.
After running over the defenseless animal, you have created roadkill. Am I correct that in Alabama, roadkill is a delicacy?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
After running over the defenseless animal, you have created roadkill. Am I correct that in Alabama, roadkill is a delicacy?
Only fresh roadkill. Squirells and turtles are great. Possum is little gamey for me. When you can find an Armadillo around here you've hit the jackpot.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ian51279
Only fresh roadkill. Squirells and turtles are great. Possum is little gamey for me. When you can find an Armadillo around here you've hit the jackpot.
How do you separate the crunched shell from the turtle meat? Or, are you somehow steaming the shell so that its more tender?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Why did the chicken cross the road???

To prove to the armadillo that It can be done

Old 09-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by jbrown226
I don't mind if someone parks way out by themselves & takes up a couple spots, etc. I understand doing that so that someone won't ding your truck, etc. What bothers me is when someone just can't drive/park very well or just don't care enough...so they half-*ss pull into the spot & take up enough of the second spot, so that no one else can park there...and it's usually up front or fairly close. Then you end up parking a mile away, because it was the only open spot around.

That's when I want to leave them one of those little notes on their windshield that says "Nice job of parking, a**hole!" Granted, they'd probably just throw it down & drive away, but it'd make me feel better.
I Understand and feel the pain, some people shouldn't be allowed to drive period under any circumstances.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:45 AM
My boat just had all the cables cut. fuel, depth finder, trim tabs and the control cables were kinked beyond use. If I pissed someone off I didn't mean to and if I did, I know I would never do anything to deserve that kind of retaliation. I would have attributed that to kids, but kinking the cables has got to be someone that knows they are hard to cut.(no signs of attempt to cut). It sucks but I hope who ever did it sleeps well and I forgive them as long as it dosen't happen again. Classic signs of a p^$$y that can't confront a person if there is a problem! PS. Boats can shock you know.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the hell with forgiveness lol, id have more respect for someone of they attempted a punch in the face rather than destroy my property. come on, how much ***** does it take to run a key down the side of a car??

Quick Reply: My Truck was keyed!!