Finding Clay Bars in Volume

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding Clay Bars in Volume

Hey guys for all you gurus that detail professionally or many times...where do you find your clay in bulk? I think on detail city i found an 8 oz bar..which is pretty big i was just wondering if there was even more being sold....i dont want to do the clay alternative...any thoughts?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by stud_135
Hey guys for all you gurus that detail professionally or many times...where do you find your clay in bulk? I think on detail city i found an 8 oz bar..which is pretty big i was just wondering if there was even more being sold....i dont want to do the clay alternative...any thoughts?
Why do you need in bulk? I always keep one new bar handy and use one until both halfs are used up. I can do many cars with it.

how many do you need? ADS will sell you as man as you need.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Why do you need in bulk? I always keep one new bar handy and use one until both halfs are used up. I can do many cars with it.

how many do you need? ADS will sell you as man as you need.
Agreed on all points and with all questions...

A standard '4 oz' bar will last me, as a guy who does this on the side professionally, through 'several' vehicles. Mind you, it will vary depending on the vehicle but, they're not a one pop wonder -- way too expensive for that.

If you're looking for bulk, check with your local P&B Supply shop. Or ADS. Or PAC. Or Autopia... or....

After ONE BODY PANEL on this member's truck...

-RP-

Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 AM
When i buy the Meguiar's Smooth as Glass Kit i cut both of them in half and when doing someone's car i dont feel i should resuse it...but i guess i am just throwin away money because i can do 4 cars with 1 kit...help! do you guys run them under water or just knead until you find a clean spot..if there is one...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by stud_135
When i buy the Meguiar's Smooth as Glass Kit i cut both of them in half and when doing someone's car i dont feel i should resuse it...but i guess i am just throwin away money because i can do 4 cars with 1 kit...help! do you guys run them under water or just knead until you find a clean spot..if there is one...
Yeah you could be throwing away money unless these cars are just so bad that one car kills the bar and without seeing it, its hard to tell you if you are still good or yeah that throw that away.

I think using better clay could help. I really like Megs Blue. I like it better than white b/c with white any sap or debris you get is going to discolor the bar. With the blue it takes more to discolor it so you get to see how bad it really is if that makes any sense at all.

Quick Reply: Finding Clay Bars in Volume