need advice...i have a black 2005 KR and in the sun the swirls light scratches look..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane1
A question for the knowers.....is this more of a black truck thing or is it just that it shows up more on a black truck? I have DSG and am concerned.
The clearcoat that is on top of your DSG is the same clear that is on top of his Ebony Clearcoat...

The only difference is that black will show EVERY SINGLE LITTLE MINI DEFECT much worse than any other color on the market.

The bottom line, your DSG could be swirled up pretty bad and it won't show it nearly as bad as black... or red.... or maroon...

This is how all of those 'dark' colors should look in direct sunlight...

RP

Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do i go about getting this "sticky"? I really need to get rid of the swirl marks on my hood, they are killing me.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by FordScrew24's
How do i go about getting this "sticky"? I really need to get rid of the swirl marks on my hood, they are killing me.
what's your email address?

or send it to me at jason@southlakeav.com

Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Old 09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by FordScrew24's

done

Old 09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Well my truck seems to be hiding it well but I know the swirls are there. My Gf's car 07 Jetta is starting to swirl allready and she's only had about two months.
I didnt realize how much flake there was in this paint

GF's car rear quater

Quick question? How much of a role does hard water play in the whole scheme of things?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Shane1
Well my truck seems to be hiding it well but I know the swirls are there. My Gf's car 07 Jetta is starting to swirl allready and she's only had about two months.
I didnt realize how much flake there was in this paint

Quick question? How much of a role does hard water play in the whole scheme of things?
Wow that is good looking.

By hand I would try RollingRocks simple Path 1:
Poorboys SSR1
Poorboys Polish with Carnuba (BLUE)
Poorboys EX-P
Nattys Red or Nattys Blue Wax

Or simple Path Two:
Megs #80
Megs #7
S100 or Natty's

Of course, I would wash, Clay then do the aboves.

Jason's over the top path 3:
PB SSR 2
PB SSR 1
PB Pure Polish
PB EX-P
Nattys Red or Blue

Or another easy path is:
Optimum Polish
Nattys Red, or Blue or Megs 26 or Nattys or S100

S100 over Optimum is amazing.

That is my .02 worth

Last edited by RollingRock; 09-27-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks doesnt sound to bad.....what about the hard water question?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Glad to hear its not THAT bad... That would be a fun intro to dateiling...

Well, are you willing to learn how to use a D/A? I promise you, it is SUPER Easy, and since we have compiled our knowledge into a mini-book availible to those who ask via email (hint hint-- subj. Sticky), making it go to use is EASY. You really have to try to hurt the paint with a DA...If you are worried about burning through the paint, you are more woried about a rotary.

Anyway, get the sticky from me, because it has the machine AND the hand application stuff. Then, you can ask a few more questions that are more specific. Also, get frieldly with Zaairman if you dont want a DA. He (until now) did his trucks for years all by hand, and had GREAT results.
sent you an email

Old 09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by K1NGoftheRanch
sent you an email
And replied (about 45 seconds after recieved)

Old 09-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I had some pretty bad swirls in my paint within two weeks of buying my truck or as they say the DISO. It also came with more orange peel than you could put in a paint job on purpose. I wasn't able to do any serious detailing as soon as i got it because I bought it right before I went to work and I was gone for two weeks. After I got home I was able to take out probably 98% of flaws. Took me almost three days trying to work around the rain. I used the following steps:

1. Wash
2. Megs clay bar
3. Wash
4. Scratch X applied with a orbital polisher
5. Scratch X again
6. Wash
7. Megs deep crystal polish
8. Wash
9. NXT tech wax
10. NXT tech wax (next day after first coat had time to cure)

This worked very well for me, taking into consideration this was on pretty much new paint. I am very happy with the results, other than the horrible orange peel.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by spdracer23
I had some pretty bad swirls in my paint within two weeks of buying my truck or as they say the DISO. It also came with more orange peel than you could put in a paint job on purpose. I wasn't able to do any serious detailing as soon as i got it because I bought it right before I went to work and I was gone for two weeks. After I got home I was able to take out probably 98% of flaws. Took me almost three days trying to work around the rain. I used the following steps:

1. Wash
2. Megs clay bar
3. Wash
4. Scratch X applied with a orbital polisher
5. Scratch X again
6. Wash
7. Megs deep crystal polish
8. Wash
9. NXT tech wax
10. NXT tech wax (next day after first coat had time to cure)

This worked very well for me, taking into consideration this was on pretty much new paint. I am very happy with the results, other than the horrible orange peel.
I would like see your truck after the above.

ScratchX the entire truck? Wow that is hard and a tad wasteful.

If it were me, and you needed something like SX for the paint, I would use Megs #80 or Poorboys SSR 3 or SSR 2.5....much easier to breakdown and control IMHOP. ScratchX is really for small sections.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah I know I probably would have been better off with another product, but I live in a very small town and SX was about all I could come across without ordering. I really wanted to do something with the paint before any more damage could be done with no paint protection. We are also in the middle of love bug season, so I wanted to get some wax and protection on my truck ASAP.

Here is a few pics of after, like a dummy I forgot to take some before pics.

Here is a pic of the hood, I thought it would show more of the paint and not look like a mirror. I guess I did a pretty good job.

Last edited by spdracer23; 09-29-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by spdracer23
Yeah I know I probably would have been better off with another product, but I live in a very small town and SX was about all I could come across without ordering. I really wanted to do something with the paint before any more damage could be done with no paint protection. We are also in the middle of love bug season, so I wanted to get some wax and protection on my truck ASAP.

Here is a few pics of after, like a dummy I forgot to take some before pics.

Here is a pic of the hood, I thought it would show more of the paint and not look like a mirror. I guess I did a pretty good job.
Hey that looks pretty good. But that must have been a lot of work for SX even with a Orbital.

I suspect that lovebugs are pretty hard to deal with so I don't blame you. Been to Orlando when those were out...man that is just strange.

Hey it worked right?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Hey that looks pretty good. But that must have been a lot of work for SX even with a Orbital.

I suspect that lovebugs are pretty hard to deal with so I don't blame you. Been to Orlando when those were out...man that is just strange.

Hey it worked right?
Yeah I must thank all of you on this forum for your help. I have been reading posts for a couple of days before tackling this for my steps. Everyone here has been instrumental to the sucess. The SX did get old especially after the first time. The results make it worth it. Again thanks to all of you who post all the valuable information on here for us noobs. lol.

Quick Reply: need advice...i have a black 2005 KR and in the sun the swirls light scratches look..