need advice...i have a black 2005 KR and in the sun the swirls light scratches look..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice...i have a black 2005 KR and in the sun the swirls light scratches look..

absolutely horrible...almost depressing...ive done mcguires 3 stage products and a few other products...all are done by hand since i dont have a buffer...should i take it to a shop to have them buff it or what? i would like to get as much cleaned up as possible...also most of these aren't deep paint scratches or anything just clear coat...some spots up close look like spider webs and then swirls on top of that...any advice would be great...thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I have the same thing on mine.

In the bright sunlight its looks HORRRIBLE.

Sucks

Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by K1NGoftheRanch
absolutely horrible...almost depressing...ive done mcguires 3 stage products and a few other products...all are done by hand since i dont have a buffer...should i take it to a shop to have them buff it or what? i would like to get as much cleaned up as possible...also most of these aren't deep paint scratches or anything just clear coat...some spots up close look like spider webs and then swirls on top of that...any advice would be great...thanks
Based on your descrption I think we can help you...can you get some close up photos in the sun or under shop lights and post them so we can get a good look?

There are lots of folks here that can you help you but its also helpful to show us what you working with to determine a course of action.

Cheers

EDIT: Where are you located? Do you happen to be in the N. Texas area????

Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 PM
i'll get some pics up tomorrow since its dark now...and i live in NY

Old 09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Favre

Sucks
yeah i have the same color combo as yours...nice truck by the way....i was also looking into those rims and tires...nice combo

Old 09-26-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah i have the same color combo as yours...nice truck by the way....i was also looking into those rims and tires...nice combo
Yeah Farve has a nice rig for sure. That is a good looking truck.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Let us know the amount of time and $$$ you are willing to spend, and we can help you decide your best course of action.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Suspended
Theres a lot of good guys on here that know what they're doing. I'm basically going to make this very easy on myself. Listen to what RR and RP say because more than likely I'll agree completely with them.

I'm not being an *** but it's funny how repetitive this forum truly is. I think it's the worst one on the forum, even worse than the suspension forum.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
is it this bad ?

if you want to fix it yourself .. answer f-150sport03's qustions about $$ and time .. and someone will be happy to make some suggestions.

if you want someone else to do it .. tell us where you live, and we might be able to help with that also. (especially if you are in Texas ot Kentucky)

Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
is it this bad ?

if you want to fix it yourself .. answer f-150sport03's qustions about $$ and time .. and someone will be happy to make some suggestions.

if you want someone else to do it .. tell us where you live, and we might be able to help with that also. (especially if you are in Texas ot Kentucky)
gip you gotta show the after on that one...I know the boat sinks at the end but show the after....I don't care how many times I have seen it...it still makes me smile and feel um not worthy.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Favre

Sucks
Hey Favre, how long have you had your truck? How do you think you got the swirls and spider webs so soon? I'm not trying to knock you just trying to figure it out so it doesnt happen to me and maybe save other truck owners the same issues.

A question for the knowers.....is this more of a black truck thing or is it just that it shows up more on a black truck? I have DSG and am concerned.

Thanks!

Last edited by Shane1; 09-27-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
is it this bad ?

not quite as bad as that....i would like to not spend more than a couple hundred....i have no experience with buffers if i need one so idk in my case if it would be better to take it to someone......i live in upstate NY....any help suggestions are greatly appreciated...thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Shane1
Hey Favre, how long have you had your truck? How do you think you got the swirls and spider webs so soon? I'm not trying to knock you just trying to figure it out so it doesnt happen to me and maybe save other truck owners the same issues.

A question for the knowers.....is this more of a black truck thing or is it just that it shows up more on a black truck? I have DSG and am concerned.

Thanks!

Well for starters, I personally have only had the truck in my possession for about 2 months.

Prior to that it was in the hands of someone who honestly had no idea about detailing, dried it with beach towels / regular old towels.

That was my problem, but other than that, I have no idea how it showed up so quick.

Good thing is it is only visible in bright sunlight, but still, it looks like **** then.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Never take a black paint job and run through one of those automated car washes with the plastic brushes that clean it. In fact, never take any vehicle through one of those, hand wash only. Looks like it was taken through the Mobile station car wash to me. The good news, it's only the clear coat. A buffer and some time will make it right.

Last edited by MeanGene; 09-27-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:53 AM
not quite as bad as that....i would like to not spend more than a couple hundred....i have no experience with buffers if i need one so idk in my case if it would be better to take it to someone......i live in upstate NY....any help suggestions are greatly appreciated...thanks
Glad to hear its not THAT bad... That would be a fun intro to dateiling...

Well, are you willing to learn how to use a D/A? I promise you, it is SUPER Easy, and since we have compiled our knowledge into a mini-book availible to those who ask via email (hint hint-- subj. Sticky), making it go to use is EASY. You really have to try to hurt the paint with a DA...If you are worried about burning through the paint, you are more woried about a rotary.

Anyway, get the sticky from me, because it has the machine AND the hand application stuff. Then, you can ask a few more questions that are more specific. Also, get frieldly with Zaairman if you dont want a DA. He (until now) did his trucks for years all by hand, and had GREAT results.

Quick Reply: need advice...i have a black 2005 KR and in the sun the swirls light scratches look..