Meguiars Natural Shine...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Meguiars Natural Shine...

vinyl and rubber protectant...anyone using this?? I just picked this up to use on the interior stuff and the ouside trim pieces (bed rails, mirror/window trim, bumper pieces, etc)

Anyone using this now and how do you like it?? It's a lotion type product so seems like it will work good. Not too greasy?? Last good?? Thanks guys.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sure its interior/exterior? I think the only stuff like that is Armoral which is horrible for everything.

I ve never used anything on the int/ext. at the same time, just seems like theres two totally different types of products needed for 2 different climates etc.

Let us know though. But I recommend different products for interior vs exterior.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by madcat6183
You sure its interior/exterior? I think the only stuff like that is Armoral which is horrible for everything.
Incorrect.

While Armor All may not be the best product on the market, they have changed from their solvent-based formulation (several years ago) and it's now water-based. As such, it's an average product -- not one that I use but, certainly not one that I'd shun everyone from.

I ve never used anything on the int/ext. at the same time, just seems like theres two totally different types of products needed for 2 different climates etc.
I kind of agree... and I kind of disagree. I agree in that there are very good products that are predomantly used on the exterior and the interior but, there are some very good 'cross-over' products that will work out okay in both environments.

303 and Vinylex are both VERY good products for in and out.

Now, with regards to Meg's Natural Shine. It's a decent product but, probably not a very good one for the interior due to the sticky nature. Being a sticky product will, as you can and would expect, attract more dust and grime and leave the dash and other parts in worse shape than you started after only a few weeks.

My suggestion is to stick with madcat's suggestion here and hang on to the natural shine for exterior use only. It's not a bad product on tires and in wheel wells. For the interior, I'd go with Meguiar's Quik Detailer Interior. This isn't a 'shine it up' type of product but rather a very good spray product that offers UVA protection and will leave a very nice matte luster.

G'luck.

-RP-

Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
vinyl and rubber protectant...anyone using this?? I just picked this up to use on the interior stuff and the ouside trim pieces (bed rails, mirror/window trim, bumper pieces, etc)

Anyone using this now and how do you like it?? It's a lotion type product so seems like it will work good. Not too greasy?? Last good?? Thanks guys.
Yep-- I love it. I use it on all my trim, all my interior plastics, and all the rubber seals. It works great for lightly cleaning and protecting (yes, it has UV inhibitors) and making the rubber more supple. Also, it smells good for the interior, and doesnt give it a greasy look. Oh-- and it doesnt attract dust.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Thank God they changed their mixture on Armor All cuz I used that on our 86 Saab, well dad did, it sat in the garage and still anytime it was out managed to have a fully cracked and faded dash.
I need to go to get some new stuff this weekend with Pops so I dont have to pay. But I wanna get some Poorboys and I believe thats only online.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick

Now, with regards to Meg's Natural Shine. It's a decent product but, probably not a very good one for the interior due to the sticky nature. Being a sticky product will, as you can and would expect, attract more dust and grime and leave the dash and other parts in worse shape than you started after only a few weeks.

-RP-

I hate to contradict the Master here...but I havent found this to be true (yet). Granted, in the TX heat, I spply then let sit in the heat for a couple of hours. This allows it to sink in and be absorbed (and the rest evaporated).

MY DISCLAIMER: I dont live in a dusty area (except for occasionally when the wind goes crazy) and I make a habit of wiping down my dash with a MF towel every month or 2, so I dont deal with that much dust. And, being the OCD guy I am, you will not ride in my truck if I feel you are going to get it too dirty... SO... My choice of product is based on what I need...Ask yourself what YOU need...

THE ONE CAVIAT TO NATURAL SHINE: On the dash, after it has been applied and sitting in the sun, there are invariably some vapors. After the vehicle cools (ie: at night), the vapors will have stuck to the windshield and hazed. This causes diminished vision for a couple of minutes. SO, keep a MF towel handy to wipe it off until you get moving along, and dont forget that natural shine is a bit streaky on glass...

Old 09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by madcat6183
Thank God they changed their mixture on Armor All cuz I used that on our 86 Saab, well dad did, it sat in the garage and still anytime it was out managed to have a fully cracked and faded dash.
I need to go to get some new stuff this weekend with Pops so I dont have to pay. But I wanna get some Poorboys and I believe thats only online.
keep in mind that dashes have changed since then...

The construction was vinyl covered foam material back in that day... it's now almost exclusively plastic -- with pretty high-end UV inhibitors built into the plastics mix, might I add.

Quick Reply: Meguiars Natural Shine...