Trimnonex

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trimnonex

I tried this product in August this year and I would like to share the results with every one. It is supposed to be a once a year solution to rubber and plastic trim. First you have to use their stripper cleaner GR-40 to remove wax etc. then you must neutralize with white vineger. Then you must wash all the residue off. The product has the consistency of liquid shoe polish and is very runny. Taping is essential. Minimum 2 coats! I applied it and it looked beautiful. I let it cure for a few days then applied 303. Shortly after my truck sat for a month in a sunny parking lot. I came back to my truck and was shocked to find black flake chips all down the doors.(rain) On application I paid particular attention to the door handles because I had used Liquid Ice and I also knew hand grease would be heavy. To make a long story short I Guess it was operator error because all the other trim has been holding up well! I have been treating it gingerly. Or is it a chemical the handles have been specially treated with due to their use???? I don't recommend this product because of all the effort did not produce the results I had been looking for. I think paint is the real cure for all your rubber and plastic needs. By the time you tape and prep for trimonex a couple more light years you could just remove everything and get results that last for years. I'm not bashing this product it has a place. ( shady spots) I don't think it will last a year on my trim and I know for a fact it will only last a month on door handles. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it!! Unlessl a expert writes it up and shows me I went wrong I planing to paint my trim in the spring!!!