My First Experience Using a Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwool15
Haha what part of Keller are you in? I'm sure we can talk about it at the truck meet next weekend
I cannot make the meet next week, unless you guys come up to Hot Springs, AR.

When i get back my truck goes in to Line-X of Fort Worth but I could prob get Ryan to help out too.

Of course you may have to drop him a little coin...you know for the effort.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I cannot make the meet next week, unless you guys come up to Hot Springs, AR.

When i get back my truck goes in to Line-X of Fort Worth but I could prob get Ryan to help out too.

Of course you may have to drop him a little coin...you know for the effort.
I am sensing a possible deal... Let me check the calendar first, though. If I do this, I will need a quick run by the wax place in DFW...I need a few things first...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I am sensing a possible deal... Let me check the calendar first, though. If I do this, I will need a quick run by the wax place in DFW...I need a few things first...
you can use anything I have....

Old 10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yall's efforts will def not go overlooked and i'll help to the best of my abilities. Shes in bad shape though from bird hunting. A branch got me all the way down the side so I got some custom pin striping.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jwool15
Yall's efforts will def not go overlooked and i'll help to the best of my abilities. Shes in bad shape though from bird hunting. A branch got me all the way down the side so I got some custom pin striping.
Well, now that I am familiar with just how BADASS SSR 3 is, I think we could get it out with that plus a Red cut pad on speed 6... (right, JP )

JP- I may just hit you up on that offer. Well, I guess its more an offer to Jwool through me...

Jwool-- As soon as I can pull myselfoff this keyboard, I will let you know when I can do a detail.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Alright... This weekend is busy. Next weekend (Nov. 3rd) is questionable. Nov. 10th is out of the question. After that, I am game so far. Thanksgiving break might pose some serious opportunities, although it may be a bit chilly. Might have to break out the space heater in JPs garage for that one. (You do have one of those, right JP? I mean, you do have a porta cool...)

email me so I dont loose this thread.
navyguy@swbell.net

Old 11-02-2007, 04:15 PM
I need to get my truck clayed. I wash my truck every weekend but I've only waxed it once since I bought it and I've never clayed it.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Where can you get clay in larger quantities than the hotel soap sized bars you get in the $16 or so retail pack?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by BigBologna
Where can you get clay in larger quantities than the hotel soap sized bars you get in the $16 or so retail pack?
www.autodetailingsolutions.com has a decent size, and I believer there are larger ones elsewhere...

Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
www.autodetailingsolutions.com has a decent size, and I believer there are larger ones elsewhere...
Thanks for the link. Anyone use this sponge?

Hi-Tech Body Sponge™

Advanced Technology

New innovative rubber polymer product redefines the use of clay bars. Safely and easily removes overspray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic. May be used with any kind of Quik Detailer type of product as a lubricant. May also be used with soap and water. Sponge retains soap and water and releases as a lubricant when gently squeezed while gliding over the surface. Unlike a clay bar this product can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water or in a soap bucket. Accidentally dropping it on the ground is not a problem. Just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. Easy grip sponge allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant kneading and reshaping is required. Long lasting sponge comes with easy to use instructions and tips. In stock!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by BigBologna
Thanks for the link. Anyone use this sponge?

Hi-Tech Body Sponge™

Advanced Technology

New innovative rubber polymer product redefines the use of clay bars. Safely and easily removes overspray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic. May be used with any kind of Quik Detailer type of product as a lubricant. May also be used with soap and water. Sponge retains soap and water and releases as a lubricant when gently squeezed while gliding over the surface. Unlike a clay bar this product can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water or in a soap bucket. Accidentally dropping it on the ground is not a problem. Just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. Easy grip sponge allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant kneading and reshaping is required. Long lasting sponge comes with easy to use instructions and tips. In stock!
haven't used it myself, but the reviews I have read of it have not been very good.

As for clay bar size .. the hotel soap sized bar you get in one of the kits is enough to do several vehicles, if you take care of it and don't drop it.

Quick Reply: My First Experience Using a Clay Bar