Upholstery Cleanup

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upholstery Cleanup

Alright guys..sorry to bother a few of you i have asked this question before and havent really heard anything that has swayed me one direction or the other...for upholstery cleaning which is the better route....a steam cleaner...or a G100 DA with the brush attachments with 303 Upholstery cleaner...Thanks guys...also both followed by a thorough vacuuming with a shop vac

Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by stud_135
Alright guys..sorry to bother a few of you i have asked this question before and havent really heard anything that has swayed me one direction or the other...for upholstery cleaning which is the better route....a steam cleaner...or a G100 DA with the brush attachments with 303 Upholstery cleaner...Thanks guys...also both followed by a thorough vacuuming with a shop vac
I vote steam cleaner. (Personally, I dont like the idea of that kind of wear and tear on a DA...).

Other upholstry cleaners to try: Megs Quik Out (GREAT stuff), Blue Magic, etc...

Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah i understand...i was kinda worried that the brush might actually fray the fibers of the upholstery...at least the G100 has a lifetime warranty

Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of those two? Steam cleaner. I've used Hoover Spot & Stain cleaner (Lowe's) and 409 with great success.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Along in the solution of the steam cleaner or with a brush? thanks buddy i will have to try those in the mean time

Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely *not* the G-100 brush attachment... I can't find the photos with a quick search but, you should've seen what one guy did (I think it was on DC; not autopia) with a brush attachment that he 'rigged' to work on his rotary. LOL! Really... don't go that route because it **will** thrash interior carpeting *BIG time*.

My preference, if you don't have a steamer/extractor, is to go with a solid, tried and true, carpet cleaner like Blue-Magic (EXCELLENT STUFF AND CHEAP!) and an interior carpet brush (hand brush). Spray on, work in with brush in a gentle fashion, then use a wet towel to begin to work out of the residual carpet cleaner. Allow to dry. Once dry, dress with the carpet brush and add your 'signature' into the carpet nap (plush).

-RP-

Quick Reply: Upholstery Cleanup