Question about ADS packages.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Tag team, eh? You weirdos.

I've got a 2000 Mercury Sable in the driveway for tomorrow's detail. Not real exciting but the interior is a wreck. I will probably do a few before and afters of the interior... it's bad.... did I mention it was bad?

The paint, at a glance, doesn't need too much other than the standard hits. A few scratches that I'll work on individually but, nothing unusual... should be mundane on the exterior. Did I mention the interior was a wreck? It's bad!
You know Ryan...crazy youngster.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Be sure to mention that the fine folks at f150online.com sent you! I've been working on Rick to do a tad of advertising or, at least, participate on occasion here.

-RP-
Rock- it is funny that you mention advertising. I've sent a few inquires about advertising here and I haven't heard a thing back.

I tried to pm you to ask you about it and it said that I didn't have permission to do that, I assume because I don't have enough posts on here yet.

Could you please have someone get back to me on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Justin

Old 10-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Juztang
Rock- it is funny that you mention advertising. I've sent a few inquires about advertising here and I haven't heard a thing back.

I tried to pm you to ask you about it and it said that I didn't have permission to do that, I assume because I don't have enough posts on here yet.

Could you please have someone get back to me on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Justin
I think Steve keeps his spam settings on reverse osmosis... I bet your emails landed in the brine solution -- so to speak.

I'll point him to this post so that maybe he can help out a bit.

-RP-

(by the way -- you do have to have 100 posts to PM)

Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok, I appreciate it bud!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:05 PM
In my honest opinion, the #2 kit is pretty good.

Based on your description, you're still going to have a rough time bringing her back -- do not expect miracles. I know that's a 'downer' of a statement but, if it's as bad as you paint it to be verbally, then the PC will still have a very formable challenge ahead of it -- even with the best products from what ever company.

I would definitely add another POLISHING (yellow) pad or two to your order. Additionally, I always recommend snaring another FINISHING (tan) pad or two as well.

Be sure to mention that the fine folks at f150online.com sent you! I've been working on Rick to do a tad of advertising or, at least, participate on occasion here.

-RP-
ADS sells a 6 pack of DA pads, 2 of each kind. I'm sure that Rick would be more than willing to trade out a cut pad for an extra polish pad if you wanted more or something. I ordered it when I also ordered my G-100. And WTF is Megs thinking with the G-110?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Moderator &

Rick will split 6 pads into any variety for that price --

Old 10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
You know Ryan...crazy youngster.
well...at least a busy youngster that still has some learning to do...not to mention wants to have some company while spending the hours to do a detail. (It does get to you after a while that I am the ONLY one in my neighborhood that seems to give a rats **** bout detailing...)

Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks for the responses guys. i don't expect miracles, but i would like to get her cleaned up as best i can. ill probably be trying to sell the truck in the next 6 months or so.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
(It does get to you after a while that I am the ONLY one in my neighborhood that seems to give a rats **** bout detailing...)
Just means you have the neighborhood market cornered!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Just means you have the neighborhood market cornered!

HAHA! Exactly! I have a neighbor three doors down that actually details on the side. His audience seems to be his church family but, he has really died down over the past few months (typically a busy time for those of us who do this stuff)... in fact, he walked over while I was working on the 2000 Sable to see what it looked like and inquire about a few chemicals. He's a Turtle Wax guy, himself.

-RP-

Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
He's a Turtle Wax guy, himself.
They are still in business?

As for me...yeah being a certified professional photographer, weekend detailer, and owning a Home Theater business, you can imagine how often I get hit up for "brother in law" deals.

We've talked about this often, those that often make fun of us OCD guys usually get the last laugh when they break down and ask you for help.

It happened today. I was doing a QD, and my neighbor walked up...said "how so I get my dash clean"

I told him to wetsand it.

Last edited by RollingRock; 10-21-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Moderator &

I hate to talk bad about the guy -- he's actually a nice fella -- but, he's stuck way back in time on products. I mean, I had to explain what a synthetic wax was as he didn't know it existed.

Don't get me wrong, none of us know about all the products out there...

Anyway... the guy turns out a fairly nice product. I've looked at one or two that he's worked on and it's average. I still see things that I'd do differently that he does but, I'm sure he sees the same with me...

Wetsand the dash, eh? That's a new concept.

-RP-

Old 10-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I talked to Rick at ADS and he said there will be a sale this week on the #1 kit. It's not a big sale, it'll include the duffel (need it anyways, too much stuff for the one) and some MF towels. Since it looks like I better snag a G100, I'm going to take advantage.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

I have a feeling that G-110 sales will fall off dramatically from what G-100's have done over the past couple of years....

Tis ashame. I'm actually thinking about picking another one up as a back-up because I just don't like the looks of the new 110...

-RP-

Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Products ??

Originally Posted by RollingRock
I am prob one of the most guilty of the Poorboys products. I love them, but I also like Megs.

The packages are great deals....but like anything you may not like your toothpaste so you try something different right? Same with polishes and wax's. But you have to start somewhere. It won't be long until you find what you like. But also note that there isn't "the best" of them all out there...colors, condition, time all play factors in what products I use.

Mixing products isn't a bad idea either. I do it all the time.

I didn't get a kit, I bought what I thought I needed and now I buy what I know I need. It can be costly no matter what path you take...its a hobby for me, therapy if you will...OCD...sure. A lot of it for me is pure pride. I like my stuff to look taken care of.

Net is, there are a ton of great products out there...at this level its hard to go wrong.
Yes there are lots out there, but what backing plate for a G-100 is best and what LakeCountry pads should I start off with? I would like to get two of each and I am only dealing very light scratches if that on black. Glaze, polish, sealer, and insulator wax I made my first perches from ADS and all went well Rick was a lot of help.

Quick Reply: Question about ADS packages.