Looking for a GOOD quick detailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
The trick with PB's S-W is amount. It cannot be used like #34. I have a gallon of it, so I am still learning how to use it.
If you figure it out on a dark vehicle - like yours and mine - let us all know. It's streaky -- very streaky in fact. The trick is to follow it with another spray sealant or similar to remove the streak that the PB's left behind.

IMHO, S&W isn't much of a quick detailer product; it's more of a 'waterless wash' product which doesn't leave a high-pop surface. BTW, I've gone through a total of about 9 gallons of it after Boss 429 got me addicted to it.

It's GREAT for a road spray clean up or if you have a heavy pollen/dust layer... it just doesn't leave behind a nice pop.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'll give the final inspection a whirl and see how I like it.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Flareside150
I think I'll give the final inspection a whirl and see how I like it.

you won't be disappointed.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick

IMHO, S&W isn't much of a quick detailer product; it's more of a 'waterless wash' product which doesn't leave a high-pop surface. BTW, I've gone through a total of about 9 gallons of it after Boss 429 got me addicted to it.

It's GREAT for a road spray clean up or if you have a heavy pollen/dust layer... it just doesn't leave behind a nice pop.
Ahhh........ you don't listen to that Boss_429 guy... do you!

Anyhow RP, consider picking up some Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Mix 8 ounces to a gallon of water, (I use distilled water) throw some into a good QD bottle, and "spray away"... and see if you don't like that even better than S & W as a cleaning QD. You might even see some added "POP".

If you like it like I do, you will save yourself a nice chunk of change.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
BTW,

I'm partial to FK425.
I'm still a big fan of Z6... especially on "Z".
I also REALLY like the Duragloss 501 Marine Detail Spray (better than the 921 F&C)
I agree on the UQD... nice on polymers... not on carnauba.

Of course, I still have a stash of Final Detail that I get out every once in a while.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Optimum No Rinse as mentioned will make a very cost effective quick detailer, clay lube or waterless wash. The ONR quick detailer actually leaves are pretty slick finish with a nice amount of gloss.

I really like to use ClearKote Quik Shine too.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
Ahhh........ you don't listen to that Boss_429 guy... do you!

Anyhow RP, consider picking up some Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Mix 8 ounces to a gallon of water, (I use distilled water) throw some into a good QD bottle, and "spray away"... and see if you don't like that even better than S & W as a cleaning QD. You might even see some added "POP".

If you like it like I do, you will save yourself a nice chunk of change.

If you do some digging around, you will find there is a good fan base for ONR...I am part of the club.

One of my fav products out there.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Boss_429
BTW,

I'm partial to FK425.
I'm still a big fan of Z6... especially on "Z".
I also REALLY like the Duragloss 501 Marine Detail Spray (better than the 921 F&C)
I agree on the UQD... nice on polymers... not on carnauba.

Of course, I still have a stash of Final Detail that I get out every once in a while.
Ladies and Gentlemen -- Meet Boss_429! This is one of the guys that helped to elevate me to another level with chemical selection and use. I could go on and on about Boss's knowledge about car care chemicals but, I'll let his posts do the talking. From the standpoint of someone **KNOWING** their chemicals, Boss is the guy!

FWIW, Boss is one of the very few folks out there that I'd trust working on my vehicles! Heck, he's been approached by 'chemical manufacturers' to have his very own website - in short, he's VERY legit!

D-- how the heck are you, bud? I've emailed you SEVERAL times and thought that you had fallen off the earth! So good to see you!

I managed a nice snare in the QD department about a year ago... I think you'll be impressed.

-RP-

Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Ladies and Gentlemen -- Meet Boss_429! This is one of the guys that helped to elevate me to another level with chemical selection and use. I could go on and on about Boss's knowledge about car care chemicals but, I'll let his posts do the talking. From the standpoint of someone **KNOWING** their chemicals, Boss is the guy!

FWIW, Boss is one of the very few folks out there that I'd trust working on my vehicles! Heck, he's been approached by 'chemical manufacturers' to have his very own website - in short, he's VERY legit!

D-- how the heck are you, bud? I've emailed you SEVERAL times and thought that you had fallen off the earth! So good to see you!

I managed a nice snare in the QD department about a year ago... I think you'll be impressed.
-RP-
Hey RP,

First, thanks for the kudos!

I'm doing better. I was... let's just say "really under the weather" for about a year and a half.

Sorry about the emails. I didn't check them for over a year. When I finally did, there were literally "thousands". So, I deleted them all and use a new yahoo email address. I changed it here, so you can use that one if you want.

Thanks again, and it's good to be back.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
My favorite right now is Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine. It cleans really well, doesnt streak and leaves my paint very slick. FK1 425 is very good too. I buy it by the gallon. Its more of a final wipedown spray. I like to use it after I wax or after a wash. It shines very well and its even slicker than the Duragloss. It's also great on glass and the plastic woodgrain in my interior.
X2 on the Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:36 AM
My wife does both my truck, (1991 F-150), and her 1991 5.0 Mustang LX. She uses Eagle 1 "Wax As You Dry". Wash normally and rinse, then spray this stuff all over the still wet car as you dry it off. It won't hurt if you get it on glass or flat black surfaces.

That's after 17 years in the Arizona Sun. The car hasn't been waxed in years. It's driven daily and parked in the Sun. Great product, easy to use, and works well. She gets compliments every time she drives it. Mel

Old 10-25-2007, 03:59 AM
I can tell from using it over the years that Wax As You Dry has been through atleast three revisions that I could clearly tell (even the smell changed from a chemical smell to more of a nice fragrance fruit smell). It also doesn't smear/streak and leave a cloudy finish anymore like the original revision did. It really isn't a bad product for in-betweens/weekly washes and leaves a real reflective shine. Before Ultimate Detailer came out, I thought of making my own detail spray with Wax As You Dry by mixing it with water, heh.

I thought NXT Speed Detailer flat out sucked, streaks for days (but I used it when it first came out, like the Wax As You Dry, it might have a new revision by now and work better, I dunno)

I normally used regular Quick Detailer, and now Ultimate Detailer. Someone said it doesn't work that well over carnauba? Here's a pic of Ultimate Detailer over #26, the truck sat all week un-driven and a hard rain rinsed all the pollen off a day beforehand so I thought instead of washing, I'd just give it a Ultimate Detailer wipe down (just started using it):

Note: All work has been done by hand, never used a machine on this (or any) vehicle before.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by emig5m

I thought NXT Speed Detailer flat out sucked, streaks for days (but I used it when it first came out, like the Wax As You Dry, it might have a new revision by now and work better, I dunno)
Nupe. It's still probably my last choice in detailing sprays. Lousy at best, IMO.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Here's a pic of Ultimate Detailer over #26, the truck sat all week un-driven and a hard rain rinsed all the pollen off a day beforehand so I thought instead of washing, I'd just give it a Ultimate Detailer wipe down (just started using it):

Note: All work has been done by hand, never used a machine on this (or any) vehicle before.
Could you please elaborate a little more on this "#26" and "Ultimate Detailer"? I must plead ignorance. I'm just not up on some of these excellent detailing products, or how well they work. Mel

Old 10-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Mel trapshooter
Could you please elaborate a little more on this "#26" and "Ultimate Detailer"? I must plead ignorance. I'm just not up on some of these excellent detailing products, or how well they work. Mel

UQD

Quick Reply: Looking for a GOOD quick detailer