Tire Wet that repels brake dust

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
More concentrated Simple Green?
Yeah-- where to buy?

Toss the loyality out the window. I don't think I was supposed to disclose that fact. *shrugs* I'm not a Meg's employee -- never was, really. (just a simple moderator with an inside track). I was, however, told that by a Meg's employee that is fairly high on the pecking order.
10-4.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow, all these quotes and snips...a person can get lost on this thread.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Wow, all these quotes and snips...a person can get lost on this thread.
Need a map?

Needless to say, my brain is fried after all the homework and late nights this week... SO...my jackass answers are a result of my cerebrum/cerebellum/noggin/head/etc exploding. Sorry.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Need a map?

Needless to say, my brain is fried after all the homework and late nights this week... SO...my jackass answers are a result of my cerebrum/cerebellum/noggin/head/etc exploding. Sorry.
Map? What's a map? My BlackBird B200 gets me where i am going.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 AM
I have been really liking Turtle Wax F21 tire foam lately since trying it out for motor bay detailing. It's by far the best at repelling dust out of any tire shine that I have personally tried (doesn't sling either). Also, on my weekly washes all I have to do is pressure wash the tires and it brings back the newly applied look. So far, I've only had to apply no more then once a month - it's really that durable (I don't drive this particular vehicle in the rain however but it does appear to bead/repel water good though).

Very inexpensive and underrated product that's readily available without having to order online that can also be used for motor bay/wheel well detailing (look at motor bay pics done with Hyperdressing and compare to F21, they both look identically perfect!) Doesn't leave a greasy feel and doesn't attract dust and beads water. Very versatile product imo. Funny I swore after using tire gels and waxes I would never go back to a spray tire foam and here I am, heh.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah-- where to buy?

10-4.

Uhh... it comes concentrated. I'm talking about bringing it back into more of a 2:1 ratio or similar.... versus 10:1 or similar.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by emig5m
Turtle Wax F21 tire foam
I've obviously seen it on the shelf but I've never given it a whirl. Good to know that it's not too bad and that you've had good experiences with it. It seems economical so, it may get the nod for certain vehicles that come through my garage.

Good info!

-RP-

Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Uhh... it comes concentrated. I'm talking about bringing it back into more of a 2:1 ratio or similar.... versus 10:1 or similar.
Oh. I thought you knew where to get MORE concentrated SG. I knew about changing the dilution down...Occasionally, I use it straight up (most often NOT on cars, or if so, in wheel wells, frame, or similar)

Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Moderator &

Oh. I thought you knew where to get MORE concentrated SG. I knew about changing the dilution down...Occasionally, I use it straight up (most often NOT on cars, or if so, in wheel wells, frame, or similar)
BTW, Dawn Liquid does a decent job on white walls too. It'll strip the wax off of a wheel, though.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Wheel shields

Not that they will help the shine part, but as far as keeping the brown brake dust off I have found that brake dust shields work really well. Of course some kind of protectant/shine still needs to be used (maybe not QUITE as often) but the shields eliminate PART of the cleaning.... Tires AND wheels. There are some deals on eBay. Search "brake dust".

Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ghoti
Not that they will help the shine part, but as far as keeping the brown brake dust off I have found that brake dust shields work really well. Of course some kind of protectant/shine still needs to be used (maybe not QUITE as often) but the shields eliminate PART of the cleaning.... Tires AND wheels. There are some deals on eBay. Search "brake dust".
Good point!

I have a set of these on my truck and they certainly reduce the amount of dusting making it to the outter (viewable) part of the wheel. Some will argue, however, that these things will 'zap' your pads. In my experience - and I don't drive like a banshee - they haven't been detrimental to my braking system. The 'hidden' part behind the dust shield -- uhh, that's another story.

-RP-

Quick Reply: Tire Wet that repels brake dust