scratch remover

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scratch remover

has anyone ever used Quixx scratch remover? i saw it online and it seems legit. i have some serious scratches from branches and wooded areas and i'm looking for something to take them out. if Quixx is no good, are there any recommendations?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm...I sense a hoax. I believe this has been discussed here. Do a search.

Either way, I have much more experience with ANYTHING else. Post pics of the problem, and the resident paint doctors here will fix you up.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cyberburn311
has anyone ever used Quixx scratch remover? i saw it online and it seems legit. i have some serious scratches from branches and wooded areas and i'm looking for something to take them out. if Quixx is no good, are there any recommendations?
First, I've never used it so I cannot comment on its effectiveness. What I can tell you is that both Meguiar's Scratch X (available at your local 'mart' store) and Mother's California Gold Scratch Remover are both VERY effective at removing light scratches and other similar problems.

The rule of thumb on a scratch is to first determine the depth of the scratch. If you can, in general, feel it with your fingernail, you're not going to remove it all. If you can't, odds are that you can get it all out.

As is true with nearly EVERY car care product out there, don't expect miracles and follow the directions on the bottle to the 't'.

RP

Quick Reply: scratch remover