Cloth Interior Cleanup-good Results!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cloth Interior Cleanup-good Results!

O.K. here it is. Little kids have accidents, and sometimes smelly pee and puke just gets to ya so bad that you have to clean up the inside of your truck. My 2002 F-150 has the gray cloth interior, so heres what i tried.
I get a hold of the wife's Bissel little green machine. it has a spray/agitator
vaccum head for cleanin little messes on carpets. Also has a resevoir for
your favorite liquid cleaning solution. The recommended bissel green machine
liquid was my choice
1.) vaccum out truck as much as possible, with a regular vaccum.
2.) Use little green machine to spray areas down. allow to soak for a minute
3.) go over the areas with the vaccum agitator head. and suck the moisture
right out of the seat.
4.) Go over the areas you just cleaned with a dry towel. rub it really good.
you will be surprised at what comes out after you have vaccumed!
(Don't let the wifey catch you out there with her good towels )
I was pretty impressed at the results, and drying time with the towel got the areas pretty dry. An hour later, the interior was dry and looks 100% better. and smells better. think ill top it off with some febreeze
Maybee I'll do the van tommorow!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Sounds great man..i have been contemplating the LGM vs. a Steam cleaner...how did you find the water lift to be in the LGM (sucking power of water)? Also was there a lot of moisture still in the seats when you finished..and did it seem humid inside the truck? Thanks!

Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
The LGM is actually a pretty decent machine for the do-it-yourselfer. The suction isn't too bad either.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by stud_135
Sounds great man..i have been contemplating the LGM vs. a Steam cleaner...how did you find the water lift to be in the LGM (sucking power of water)? Also was there a lot of moisture still in the seats when you finished..and did it seem humid inside the truck? Thanks!
I would use both a steam and extractor. The extractor is basically for just carpets and upholstery. You can use the steam clean to take out stains, blown out crevices and vents, plus clean the engine even.

I have an extractor and a steamer and couldn't live without either one!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
For the extraction part, how would a shop vac with a 6 peak HP work for lifting the water out that the LGM and steam cleaner would leave behind? I was thinking steam clean, then shop vac out the rest of the water...what do you think?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I really think the shopvac and steam cleaner route would be a lot better. Just use a crevise tool with the shopvac to extract.

What kind of steamer are you thinking about going with?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Well that is the part i am not sure of...mostly (right now) i just do my own personal vehicle..with a few friends nothing too high volume and im kinda tryin to budget because i still need a pc and a few other cleaners/waxes/and such so i am tryin not to break myself but i dont think an el cheapo' would be the best bet right now...what do you think what is the most bang for my buck?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by stud_135
1.) LGM sucks water out pretty good. the spray nozzle is pretty close to the vaccum nozzle. not too bad for a little thing.
2.) There was a little bit of moisture still left in the seats, but wiping down with a clean towel really drew the rest of the moisture out.
3.) The humidity was'nt bad. with the towel drying of the seats and carpet, after about 1.5 hours, all parts of the interior felt dry. no humidity.
- although the temp was about 85f. outside, and sunny. i left the windows up just in case it wanted to rain that day.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Cloth Interior Cleanup-good Results!