faded fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nevermind, forget what I said about the 303, it rained here this morning and washed it all off, trying to decide on the black or gray trim restorer. Does the #40 come off in the rain?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by bellman
nevermind, forget what I said about the 303, it rained here this morning and washed it all off, trying to decide on the black or gray trim restorer. Does the #40 come off in the rain?
that's the thing. my dad used 303 on his boat and it looked good but didn't last. IMO, if the plastic is faded, you're usually screwed. the only semi-permanent trick i've seen is to use a heat gun on the plastic. i picked the tip up from a Jeep forum awhile ago and it actually works. the heat will turn them black, but can streak of you're not careful.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
The heat gun is what I always used to use on dirt bike plastics but that is a whole different ball game. If you are not careful with that heat gun it can melt the plastic or even F up you paint!!!! Heat gun is not a good idea on trucks IMO too much at risk if it goes wrong. haha

Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by bellman
303 and Megs #40 are water based dressing to they will run when it rains. The Showcar Trim restore will not run of once it dries. It dries to a matte finish. You can leave it that way if that's what you like to see. I dress my trim with #40 because i like the gloss but I know if it rains it will runs some.

I haven't tried the Black Wow at ADS. It might be just the ticket. I have a friend who ordered some I need to check with him and I'll let you know. It's expensive though.

Tic

Old 11-18-2007, 10:23 AM
I bought my truck two months or so ago, and the plastics looked fine. Now you can see like waxes or something the was used on the paint on the pastic and no matter what I do it will not come out. What should I do??

Quick Reply: faded fender flares