Today's IMPRESSIVE detail*PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's IMPRESSIVE detail*PICS*

Well, Last night I washed and clayed. This morning, JP (ie: rolling Rock) and myself took care of my truck. DISCLAIMER: My truck was in REALLY bad shape-- we didnt think we could get it all out.

Here is before:

Now-- Here is after using Poorboys SSR 3 and a RED cutting pad on speed 6, which was completely necessary. We started on speed 5, but it wasnt heating up enough... Here it is:

***CONTINUED IN NEXT POST***

Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Then, we used SSR 1 on speed 4 via Lake country pads:

After that, we used the PB Polish with Sealant, followed by Nattys Blue. (then the obligatory Hyperdressing, Stoners, etc...)

***CONTINUED IN NEXT POST***

Old 10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
More afters:

For more pics, see my photobucket gallery:
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...t03/?start=all

Products used:
Meguiars Gold Class Wash
Meguiars M-34 Final Inspection
Meguiars Blue Detailing clay
Meguiars D-15 Last Touch Spray Detailer *See note at bottom*
Meguiars Hyper Dressing (favorite product EVER!)
Meguiars Quick Wheel Detailer
Meguiars Diamond Cut pads (sometimes- I swapped a lot today)
Meguiars Supreme shine MF towels
Poorboys SSR 3
Poorboys SSR 1
Poorboys Polish with Sealant
Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax
Poorboys Spray and Wipe *See note at bottom*
Several other brands of MF towels (JP???)
Porter Cable DA
Stoners Invisible Glass
(Mobil Exxon Regular Unleaded...)
Simple Green
Westleys Bleache White (for the wheel wells. I simply cannot get these clean!!!)

Tonight/tomorrow I will do the interior. Today was paint only.

*NOTE: Although everybody dogs the Spray&Wipe and the Last touch, I found absolutely NO streaking whatsoever. JP can verify this. I fell in love with a few new products today... My wallet is going on a diet soon...

ALSO: Less than 2 hours after applying the HD, I was on I-35 and
going 70mph. NO SLINGOFF from HD. I was shocked, and so was JP. I fully expected to be QD'ing again when I returned home, but didnt have to (did anyways...) I am even more impressed with this stuff with every passing minute.

JP-- We should have done some before/afters of your truck's engine bay. That was noteworthy. Advice to everyone else: If using APC+, use caution, ventilation, and a respirator. that stuff is INSANE!!! (but I love it too...)

Last edited by f-150sport03; 10-27-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I have to be honest, your hood was in BAD shape and I was not confident we could get all the scratches and marring out. It looked has if boxes were dragged on the paint.

In addition, its really hard to make silver pop and look deep, but I think we did a heck of a job on your paint.

I am loading photos to my photobucket site too, will drop the link in a bit.

I think Ryan is now a PoorBoys fan. I did catch him snooping around trying to get a teaspoon full of Nattys Red to eat and I know at least twice he was drinking Hyperdressing.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I did catch him snooping around trying to get a teaspoon full of Nattys Red to eat and I know at least twice he was drinking Hyperdressing.
DAMN! Ya' caught me! (but you didnt see me muching on the blue, did you

I have to be honest, your hood was in BAD shape and I was not confident we could get all the scratches and marring out. It looked has if boxes were dragged on the paint.
agreed 100%. But I didnt drag boxes on my paint... I wonder if sometime there was turnout gear laid on it (then drug off)... I see others doing this at the FD all the time...

In addition, its really hard to make silver pop and look deep, but I think we did a heck of a job on your paint.
Heck yeah we did. Thanks to your goodies and all the help!

I think Ryan is now a PoorBoys fan.
Well, you have gotta admit-- The work that those products did in a very short order of time considering the condition is VERY impressive. The only thing that makes me a touch leery is the price... Although I am sold on PB, I may have to be ordering Megs until I can afford to buy a bunch of PB stuff...

In the mean time, look for an email in the next couple of weeks that will let you know what I am interested in from that DFW wax shop... BTW-- do you think it would be hard for me to get a "pro" position like you got? Might come in handy...

RP/Gip-- We could have definately used a rotary today. Too bad neither of us know how to use one...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Here is Ryan doing some work.

Pretty good pop on this color

All the photos can be found here and a few of Ryan helping me redo my tail gate.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...F150-PoorBoys/

Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Had to show one of the KR...this is after Ryan worked his can off on it.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
That red just looks so damn good

Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Favre
That red just looks so damn good

Ryan worked hard on it.

Truth. I asked him to help me wash it since he was there...needed to do my engine too...well, a few squirts of APC+ later and we realized that it was taking off the wax on the front fenders and hood. So we washed them again then noticed that my tail gate had some jacked up marks on it......so, we clayed it real quick, popped with SSR3 then some SSR1, then pure PB Polish...followed by Natty's Red (which again I had to pry out of his hands) Ryan is going to come back and help me redo the entire truck...

I don't know many folks his age that take as much pride in their trucks...he didn't stop staring at this truck all day.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow... I just got in from playing soccer in the street... It will definately take some getting used to the smell of grapes when I walk next to my truck...

I have to say, that detailing was some much needed therapy for my nerves... I was really stressed out after the past 2 weeks-- Not anymore! (I'm sure the paint appreciated it, too)

Thanks again, JP, for all the help and goodies... I cant wait to go have some fun now...

BTW-- I found around $80 worth of stuff I think I might get through your contacts. (Honestly, I found $200+ that I wanted, but I knew I had limits...) We will see...

Old 10-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Wow... I just got in from playing soccer in the street... It will definately take some getting used to the smell of grapes when I walk next to my truck...

I have to say, that detailing was some much needed therapy for my nerves... I was really stressed out after the past 2 weeks-- Not anymore! (I'm sure the paint appreciated it, too)

Thanks again, JP, for all the help and goodies... I cant wait to go have some fun now...

BTW-- I found around $80 worth of stuff I think I might get through your contacts. (Honestly, I found $200+ that I wanted, but I knew I had limits...) We will see...
No problem, remember I get the pro discount there so I can pick that stuff up for you, send me your list.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
No problem, remember I get the pro discount there so I can pick that stuff up for you, send me your list.
Yeah-- otherwise I would get it from Rick at ADS.

Let me make sure I have the stuff I want for sure... I need to go over a few more details in my head.

Here's one for you: Do you think I should get the trim detailer? We didnt use it today (my bad), so I dont know if it is worth it. Is it more of a cleaner or a dressing?

So far what I am looking at (Definately not a final list) is the following (with appropriate dispensers as needed):
Hyper dressing (gallon)
APC+ (Gallon)
#80 (32 oz or a gallon...???)
MF's maybe

Then, maybe later on, I will do some shopping at Poorboys world... I will email you the final list when I know for sure.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Yeah-- otherwise I would get it from Rick at ADS.

Let me make sure I have the stuff I want for sure... I need to go over a few more details in my head.

Here's one for you: Do you think I should get the trim detailer? We didnt use it today (my bad), so I dont know if it is worth it. Is it more of a cleaner or a dressing?

So far what I am looking at (Definately not a final list) is the following (with appropriate dispensers as needed):
Hyper dressing (gallon)
APC+ (Gallon)
#80 (32 oz or a gallon...???)
MF's maybe

Then, maybe later on, I will do some shopping at Poorboys world... I will email you the final list when I know for sure.
80 by the Gallon would be WAY too much.

32 is even a lot.

Since you want #80, the list for PB gets shorter.
I would get some SSR3 and SSR1, PwS, and wax. As you make some $$$ get a few more things.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Hope you two guys don't mind me butting in on your conversation.

Truck looks very nice. You two do some good work.

one suggestion I would have prior to diving in with the PB stuff, if you have limited funds, is to try some Menzerna IP and FP. I find I like the Menzerna better than I do the PB, and that is in no waya knock on PB's stuff, which I think pretty highly of.

Last edited by Gipraw; 10-27-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
80 by the Gallon would be WAY too much.

32 is even a lot.

Since you want #80, the list for PB gets shorter.
I would get some SSR3 and SSR1, PwS, and wax. As you make some $$$ get a few more things.
Gotcha. You think 16 oz of #80 would be enough for several cars in the same condition as mine was?

I priced the PB stuff I want... I think the SSRs will have to wait for now. At present, the 2 big items from PB I want are the blue and red...(surprise, surprise). Also, I was thinking about a couple of those soft edge towels (the sweet ones you had from specialty motoring) and at some point some LC pads...

In the mean time, I think I will start small. Hopefully I can get a detail in in the next couple of weeks to make some $$$. BTW-- check email.

Quick Reply: Today's IMPRESSIVE detail*PICS*