Sometimes it just sucks ..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes it just sucks ..

to be the guy in the office that every talks to for detailing advice, or brings their car to get done.

I had a get together for my group today at Dave and Busters. I included family, and all told we had about 100 people show up. A lot of fun .. but I was exhausted. WHY, you ask? Playing video games and bowling isn't that hard.

Well, I was out of town all week .. got back late yesterday evening. Party was at noon today .. so instead of sleeping in late, I had to get up early to clean my truck up, because I knew people would be looking at my truck, and asking me questions, etc, and there was no way I was going to show up in a dirty truck.

I have done very little to my truck in the last 6 months .. work has been hell, for numerous reasons, and I hadn't washed my truck in months.

so I get up at 6:30 this morning to wash the truck, and plan on just giving it a quick once over, maybe throw some wax on the hood if I have time.

yeah. right .. I start drying, and QD'ing the tailgate, and I see a few swirls and scratches. well, no way I can ignore that. I am not always OCD about the rest of the truck, but I can't stand anything being wrong with my Tailgate. It is the most visible part of the truck to the rest of the world, and NOTHING drives me crazier than to be sitting in traffic behind a truck with tons of swirls in the tailgate.

so, I break out the DA, and the Meg's, start out just to fix the tailgate, but can't stop and end up buffing the whole truck, and giving it a quick coat of #21, then dressing the tires, wheel wells and trim. A little Adams In & Out Spray on the steps, and some Stoners on the glass. 4 hours later, I am scrambling to get cleaned up and not be late for the office thingy. I am really liking the Adam's on the step pads. looks good, easy to apply, and seems to last about a week or so. which is good considering how much I use my steps.

Sorry .. nothing really worth reading in this post .. just venting a little.

I'll add one more comment:

Hi. My name is Doug, and I am a detailing addict.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
to be the guy in the office that every talks to for detailing advice, or brings their car to get done.

I had a get together for my group today at Dave and Busters. I included family, and all told we had about 100 people show up. A lot of fun .. but I was exhausted. WHY, you ask? Playing video games and bowling isn't that hard.

Well, I was out of town all week .. got back late yesterday evening. Party was at noon today .. so instead of sleeping in late, I had to get up early to clean my truck up, because I knew people would be looking at my truck, and asking me questions, etc, and there was no way I was going to show up in a dirty truck.

I have done very little to my truck in the last 6 months .. work has been hell, for numerous reasons, and I hadn't washed my truck in months.

so I get up at 6:30 this morning to wash the truck, and plan on just giving it a quick once over, maybe throw some wax on the hood if I have time.

yeah. right .. I start drying, and QD'ing the tailgate, and I see a few swirls and scratches. well, no way I can ignore that. I am not always OCD about the rest of the truck, but I can't stand anything being wrong with my Tailgate. It is the most visible part of the truck to the rest of the world, and NOTHING drives me crazier than to be sitting in traffic behind a truck with tons of swirls in the tailgate.

so, I break out the DA, and the Meg's, start out just to fix the tailgate, but can't stop and end up buffing the whole truck, and giving it a quick coat of #21, then dressing the tires, wheel wells and trim. A little Adams In & Out Spray on the steps, and some Stoners on the glass. 4 hours later, I am scrambling to get cleaned up and not be late for the office thingy. I am really liking the Adam's on the step pads. looks good, easy to apply, and seems to last about a week or so. which is good considering how much I use my steps.

Sorry .. nothing really worth reading in this post .. just venting a little.

I'll add one more comment:

Hi. My name is Doug, and I am a detailing addict.

We share the same OCD tendencies.

Ryan had to almost tackle me to keep me from going at my whole truck after seeing the results on the tail gate (My personal OCD area too)

"Hi, Doug, I'm Jason and I am a detailing junkie. It's been 3 hours since my last QD. Just trying to stay clean."

Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
We share the same OCD tendencies.

Ryan had to almost tackle me to keep me from going at my whole truck after seeing the results on the tail gate (My personal OCD area too)

"Hi, Doug, I'm Jason and I am a detailing junkie. It's been 3 hours since my last QD. Just trying to stay clean."
I dont think I would have tackled you unless I had to SSR the entire KR alone... I dont know how you do it...

I share the tailgate thing, but also have this thing about hoods (hance why I HAD to get mine cleaned up...

"Hi Jason and Doug, I'm Ryan, and I am a detailing freak. It has been 2 minutes since my last post, and I Hyperdress my underbody. Just trying to keep my body dressed in public..."

Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL @ Doug.

I was in my wife's Explorer last night at 2 am working on vomit in the carpet. I wish I had a great story to go along with it but, the bottom line is that she had some nasty stomach bug.

Today, I worked on it more. I got it out but really wish I had an ozone machine. The funk is still there.

Oh yeah... I finally wiped down the interior of my truck today (it's been almost a year -- yes, a year). I also washed it in the rain. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Boy does this hit home. I've done all these things. The first step is admitting I have a problem. They say a clean car/truck is a sign of a sick mind. So I say detailing is my therapy.............

Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Therapy Session

Looks like a therapy session. I must admit my addiction too.

Went out yesterday to do nothing more than wash and dry the Scab. Ended up going on a complete inside/out binge. I've got a real thing about the hood. It's got to be slicker than a baby's butt. Even vacuumed the headliner.

I then lost complete control and had to get at the water spots on the windows, hence my post yesterday about that very thing.

The truck is beautiful, but the hangover is hell.

Quick Reply: Sometimes it just sucks ..