Questions on detail this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, this is getting good again.

S2KRN, we would love to see some photos of your work.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

agreed...

S2KRN, I think its time to drop this matter entirely. You're right, this wont get anywhere, so I suggest that this "conversation" be ended.

On another note, lets consider this: What I have said agrees with virtually everyone here. What you have said has nobody behind it, save for you. Think majority. Whether or not anyone here is right or wrong, there comes a point in someone's life in which they must either conform or leave. I suggest you take one of those routes, because the route you are on now isnt going to get you anywhere.

Your sarcasm doesnt help you any, either, since you have no followers.

Get a life, go away.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

I've learned long ago from years of experience on forums that no matter what I posted would not be good enough. After posting pictures some would either deny they were my vehicles to begin with or make up some nit picky flaw. I am a car guy and always have been since I bought my first vehicle; a 1965 mustang. Every vehicle I've ever owned I purchased myself. My first new car was a honda civic I regret getting rid of everyday. The car ended up as my project car with a supercharged integra ls motor. I work on my own cars and take care of my own cars. Noone else touches or services them unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry to spoil your popcorn!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
agreed...

S2KRN, I think its time to drop this matter entirely. You're right, this wont get anywhere, so I suggest that this "conversation" be ended.

On another note, lets consider this: What I have said agrees with virtually everyone here. What you have said has nobody behind it, save for you. Think majority. Whether or not anyone here is right or wrong, there comes a point in someone's life in which they must either conform or leave. I suggest you take one of those routes, because the route you are on now isnt going to get you anywhere.

Your sarcasm doesnt help you any, either, since you have no followers.

Get a life, go away.
I couldn't resist. I'm sorry I didn't realize this was a Cult! You're right I don't have any "followers"! Sounds even more David Koresh ish even as I type it. Honestly I don't consider f150online to be the preeminent source or car detailing. Good day to you and your "followers".

Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by s2krn
I've learned long ago from years of experience on forums that no matter what I posted would not be good enough.
And you think it is everyone else that is flawed? Take the hint.

After posting pictures some would either deny they were my vehicles to begin with or make up some nit picky flaw.
uhhh... The nitpicky things are what differentiate a DETAILER from Joe Blow. And as for the cars, I honestly dont care if they are yours. Some of my best work has been done on customer cars.

I am a car guy and always have been since I bought my first vehicle; a 1965 mustang. Every vehicle I've ever owned I purchased myself. My first new car was a honda civic I regret getting rid of everyday. The car ended up as my project car with a supercharged integra ls motor. I work on my own cars and take care of my own cars. Noone else touches or services them unless absolutely necessary.
What does this have to do with ANYTHING? This is not the engines forum, and even if it was, this is a F150 Forum, not a Civic forum.

I'm sorry I didn't realize this was a Cult!
Its not-- you are the vagrant amongst the workers.

You're right I don't have any "followers"! Sounds even more David Koresh ish even as I type it.
You dont need followers to be right; you need to be right to have followers. You fall under the latter category.

Honestly I don't consider f150online to be the preeminent source or car detailing.
Neither do I. It is just the one I enjoy spending most of my internet time on. I like the usual atmosphere here (until things like this happen), and it allows me to relax.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I couldn't resist. I'm sorry I didn't realize this was a Cult! You're right I don't have any "followers"! Sounds even more David Koresh ish even as I type it. Honestly I don't consider f150online to be the preeminent source or car detailing. Good day to you and your "followers".
Not a cult at all .. even if sometimes people are a little forceful with their opinions.

While this may not be the preeminent source on car detailing .. several of us in here have opinions that carry a lot of weight in places like that .. and furthermore .. your comments about washing off swirls, and your thoughts about high quality micro fiber towels won't put you in the majority opinion at the "preeminent source" either ..

If you honestly think that a MF towel from Sam's is comparable to a towel from DF Concours or Pak Shak, then you have never used either of those towels.

And you may be correct that you can't see the swirls in the show car finish on your twelve year old Honda .. but they are there.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Not a cult at all .. even if sometimes people are a little forceful with their opinions.

While this may not be the preeminent source on car detailing .. several of us in here have opinions that carry a lot of weight in places like that .. and furthermore .. your comments about washing off swirls, and your thoughts about high quality micro fiber towels won't put you in the majority opinion at the "preeminent source" either ..

If you honestly think that a MF towel from Sam's is comparable to a towel from DF Concours or Pak Shak, then you have never used either of those towels.

And you may be correct that you can't see the swirls in the show car finish on your twelve year old Honda .. but they are there.
Everyone is making it so easy... It seems some folks have a little trouble reading posts. I never said anything about "washing off swirls". If you read the post I stated after washing and waxing. Thanks for your input though. You have brought to my attention now that I'm not worthy of using a "good" micro fiber towel. Did you write the consumer reports article on micro fiber towels? Do you know what brand the towels are or do you just assume they aren't any good. As I've stated before I have had excellent results using these towels. I'm glad your towels work for you as well as mine work for me. Let me reiterate another point; who cares if the swirls are there IF YOU CAN'T SEE THEM? Did you actually write that with a straight face. Maybe it's all one big swirl and that's why I can't see any swirls after cleaning my car. I'm sure the honda does have swirls now bc I don't own it anymore. Just to give you something else to construe if you like; I actually drive a 5 year old Mitsubishin now. It has invisible swirls too.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw

Agreed 100%. Thanks Gip, "I gave at the offering plate"

s2krn, bro...with your 12 posts here on the forum you haven't really started off on the right foot. You may play around on other forums with folks who claim they know what they are talking about and who knows, you could be a "authority" on those forums....however here, we actually have folks who can back up what they say....not to mention, there are professionals with years of experience here. While you claim to have done great work, you have yet to back up any of your 12 posts with any tangible evidence of your claims and experience. Rather it has been almost, "I know a guy who knows a guy who.....XYZ" The difference you ask? Simple, this forum is about truly about helping others with with solid advice from a pool of professionals and advanced "car/truck" guys.

No need to pick up your walmart MF's and go home...prove to us you got what it takes to truly offer up your advice and expertise rather than spewing what you think is right on those who are actually here seeking advice and help from someone who can back up their claims on how to address concerns, issues with great paint care.

Anyone can register for a forum of their choice and start posting. This place however is a tad different. We know what the hell we are talking about.

We called your bluff. Until you prove otherwise, you are a troll here and to be honest, there isn't a sole here that will take your advice seriously.

As for the colt mentality....nah, its more like a passion. The passion we share for our trucks/cars and the passion to help others.

In summary, maybe this forum isn't for you. You have been officially called out. Until you back your chit up, anyone here reading in the Care and Detailing section can see right through you and know you are a fraud until proven other wise.

Before you respond to my post or any others here, think long and hard how it will be taken. Very troll like.

EDIT

Did you write the consumer reports article on micro fiber towels?
If you live by that mag, you have more problems then we suspected.

Second Edit

See any swirls?
My drivers door. I am no pro. Show us your work

F150Sports hood, see any swirls?

My Tail gate...show me something like this and you'll get some kudos

Last edited by RollingRock; 11-02-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/galleries...cfm?gnum=10663[/IMG]

I'll post this one and see if it shows up. A couple of s2000s we detailed recently. Not that it matters, but I'll try to dig up some pictures of my car.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 PM
[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/galleries...cfm?gnum=10663[/IMG]

I'll post this one and see if it shows up. A couple of s2000s we detailed recently. Not that it matters, but I'll try to dig up some pictures of my car.
C'mon dude, close ups. "you can put lip stick on a pig.........."

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 PM
As I said before any pictures I post will not be good enough. I don't make it a habit of taking pictures of my reflection in a door after detailing a car. Here's a couple more pics. If for some odd reason the guy who started the thread is still reading... both these cars are detailed with Sams Club/Costco MF towels.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...231&anum=15055

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...232&anum=15055

Old 11-02-2007, 11:56 PM
As I said before any pictures I post will not be good enough. I don't make it a habit of taking pictures of my reflection in a door after detailing a car. Here's a couple more pics. If for some odd reason the guy who started the thread is still reading... both these cars are detailed with Sams Club/Costco MF towels.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...231&anum=15055

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...232&anum=15055
Not bad from a distance. Nice cars too. Love those 2000's. That being said, many people here can duplicate those same results from a distance.

Close but not close enough.

GET CLOSE WITH LIGHT........ (Photo below is large to prove a point)

Last edited by RollingRock; 11-02-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 AM
We're both wasting each others time here. The cars look great and any of those pics could be in a magazine. The detail job was done as they always are and i'm sure the "invisible swirls" are there on both cars. Back to the original point the towels work great even though they are not up to your standards. If you still want to knock a product you haven't used it just reinforces the rediculousness of your posts about a product you have no experience with. Thanks for all your time. Maybe we should just start a thread strictly for arguing since noone cares at this point.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:32 AM
We're both wasting each others time here. The cars look great and any of those pics could be in a magazine. The detail job was done as they always are and i'm sure the "invisible swirls" are there on both cars. Back to the original point the towels work great even though they are not up to your standards. If you still want to knock a product you haven't used it just reinforces the rediculousness of your posts about a product you have no experience with. Thanks for all your time. Maybe we should just start a thread strictly for arguing since noone cares at this point.
Oh no, I am not wasting time just proving a point which you are re-enforcing. Thank you, not only from me, from the countless others here.

It's never good to assume anything and assuming I have never used cheap ol MF towles is your fault. Back when I thought I knew what I was doing and was limited on funds yes I used cheap MF towels. They are not all bad. However, the quality of Sams or WalMart MF's won't touch my paint. After a few washes even more they won't touch my paint, they will however work on my wheels or wheel wells.

You are not wasting my time. I am camping right now. All I have is time, however, that being said, you are wasting the time of those reading these posts b/c they already know that you sir, have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Your credibility left you after you hit the submit reply button the first time. Each time you post, you go down that much further in the Troll pool.

Seriously, you should troll on those sites where you looked up to. We're better that that here. We are well informed and with practice. We can see through the BS.

I am not the elder here nor the moderator, but I can tell you this...every post you post here will by tightly scrutinized with your lack of credibility.

Be a man, step up and back your chit up. Until then your posts are positively useless, unwarranted and not needed.

I've been kind to you. My patience with you is thin....my retort to your next post will not be as kind. Please keep that in mind. Take the high road and duck and cover for a while.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I had a hard time following your last post near the end. Started to ramble a little and "that that" threw me for a loop. I agree to disagree. It is obvious that neither of us is going to convince the other. If anyone wants to chime in and say the pics of the cars were terrible please do so. Not sure where all the threats come from? It would be absolutely devastating if your next post were not so nice. That worked back in middle school but I think we are all adults on here. It really reminds me of high school. Please don't hurt my feelings I may not sleep well tonight.

Quick Reply: Questions on detail this weekend