detailing suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
detailing suggestions

i have a 01 king ranch and i am clueless on what to use on the seats, are u supposed to clean first and then condition and if so what items are the best, i read about meguiars and the conditioner from king ranch itself.also i have a few stains on my grey carpet and mats what is the best product to pull stains out. and last to clean my dash and door panels,i can see dirt residue on it whats the best product for that
leather cleaner=???
leather conditiner=????
stain remover=????
uphostlery clearner=???
any suggestions
thanks

also for little scratches on my leather seats what helps that and also i havfe small scratches and such on my paint whats the bst for that
sorry for all the questions

Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Have you looked in the King Ranch forum yet? There's at least one sticky thread addressing leather care.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:35 PM
As far as the leather in the KR goes I can tell you first hand the King Ranch Leather Conditioner works great. They suggest you wipe down your seats with a wet towel first then let dry before applying the conditioner. The small scratches in the leather will blend after the conditioner is applied. If you do end up using the KR conditioner don't worry when you first apply it the seats will almost turn black in areas. Just apply it as instructed and the seats will look great when it dries. It smells great when you're done too.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 PM
ok thanks what works the best for carpet stains and the dash and door panels.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
look in the KR forum and find the posts there-- there is a LOT of info there.

Also, I didnt like the KR conditioner. The Leather CPR stuff is pretty good, as is Lexol. (and many others...) Find RockPick's posts or Rolling Rock's posts-- they both have the leather thing down.

And yes, clean then condition.
EDIT: search for the spa treatment...I posted a tip here and called it that. It is pretty well known, but I cant think of how to search for it other than what I called it. It involves a hot moist towel...

Quick Reply: detailing suggestions