touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touch up paint

Where's the best place to buy touch up paint? ive got a couple of door dings id like to get rid of

Old 11-03-2007, 03:43 PM
If you buy it from the dealership you will know you are getting the proper color match. I've never bought touch up paint anywhere other than a dealer for any of my vehicles. It's usually less than 10 bucks and almost always in stock.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 PM
do i need to take any precautionary measures before putting the paint on besides a clean surface? any sanding or anything?

Old 11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Req
Originally Posted by deficientblair
do i need to take any precautionary measures before putting the paint on besides a clean surface? any sanding or anything?
For the small dings, say no bigger than a pencil eraser, prep the paint by wiping with gasoline or thinner to take away wax/polish, then wipe with fresh water and rag. Let dry.

I find the paint goes on with an acceptable and thinner coat of paint if when taking the brush out of the Dealership bottle you wipe the brush on a piece of cardboard once to get the excess paint off the brush then apply to the ding. Come back in 3-4 days and put a little wax of choice upon the repair.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by s2krn
If you buy it from the dealership you will know you are getting the proper color match. I've never bought touch up paint anywhere other than a dealer for any of my vehicles. It's usually less than 10 bucks and almost always in stock.
as long as its not a flake vehicle, the FMC paint will work fine. I have Silver metallic, and the FMC touch up for 2003 didnt match worth a flip. However, the white for my Dad's F-250 matched perfectly.

Quick Reply: touch up paint