questions before basic training

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the truck, the only time your not going to have access to it is during Basic training/AIT and Airborne and Ranger school. Then you will PCS to a Permanent Duty Station, since your 11B and Ranger youll likely stay in Georgia at the 75th Ranger Regiment. So you will want a vehicle there. Then if you get deployed you can make massive payments on it and have it paid off with all kinds of goodies waiting for you when you get home.

Trust me, I got rid of my first 04 F-150 before my last deployment. Now on this deployment had to buy another one cause i missed it so bad. Lost a lot of money on the whole exchange going from a F-150 to a Ranger back up to a F-150.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
just to get a head start, you may want to start memorizing this now. trust me you need to know it by heart...

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit-de-corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Do like stuckiniraq said.

Keep the truck, schools arent that long and you'll thank us. There is nothing like coming home from overseas and not having a vehicle and missing the one you had before leaving. Keep it. If/When you deploy, you will be making more money than you probably have ever before with all of the allotments and such. You can make double paymenst like nothing, and hook the truck up more when you return. Either way, good luck!

Semper Fi,

Devildog101

Quick Reply: questions before basic training