Looky what I've got to use!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hrm....It is still insanely expensive but....

I didn't see till now that it has lifetime refills. If they were arround forever and you had several collector cars that you spent a lot of money on, it might actually pay itself off over "many" years vs. some of the other high end stuff.

From the picures I go from thinking "wow, wonderful beading action" all the way to "here in the TX panhandle it blows dust for 5 hours at 50 mph then end it with just a hair of rain" that much beading could make a car here after that look horrible.

I'd give it a shot if I had a money tree though.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
Hrm....It is still insanely expensive but....

I didn't see till now that it has lifetime refills. If they were arround forever and you had several collector cars that you spent a lot of money on, it might actually pay itself off over "many" years vs. some of the other high end stuff.

From the picures I go from thinking "wow, wonderful beading action" all the way to "here in the TX panhandle it blows dust for 5 hours at 50 mph then end it with just a hair of rain" that much beading could make a car here after that look horrible.

I'd give it a shot if I had a money tree though.
You know what the crazy thing is though? The truck, after being REALLY dusty this, getting sprayed down, blown off, looks just as good. just a blow wash and driving it down the road leaves it spotless. You could go to a wand wash and be clean in 5 min!

Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
well my ears were burning. I thought I would come and give my side of everything. Dont want people getting the wrong info

So first of all yes I did buy Vintage. I hae 7 family cars. I wax them alot. My car dose not got more then 2 weeks without a coat of wax, even in the winter. With 7 cars I use alot of wax. I go through 8oz in a 2-3 months. It was getting expensive, esp when the wax was 100bucks a jar.
I decided that at 20, there was lots of time to wax, I also tried other waxes to see what worked for me (i have tried around 30 diffrent lsp's). I have fallen in love with both victoria wax and zymol. VW did not offer a refill program.
With vintage there are free refills for life, yes. However you still pay shipping, so it will cost me about 100bucks ot get a new jar. (shipping and insurance both ways) I am ok with this since there are 22oz per jar.

Vintage is not for everyone, i am not trying to sell it. I am simply explaining my reasoning for buying it. I know people are sitting back going hes crazy, and I may well be but I thought I would clear that up.

There has been mention of the price. Yes It was circa $2000, Ithink with the strong dollar and shipping it was $18XX. Zymol also offers Royal at around $8000, it is a 44 oz tub. They have also released Solaris. It is 66oz, and cost $30,000. It is also limited to 25 tubs ever made.
Swissvax (formaly siwssol) offers the most expensive wax at $2500 for 200ml. It is however not refillale, ergo the most expensive per oz.

People always wonder if it is really worth the money, this is a hard question to awsner. Everyone if diffrent, there are so many factors I cannot awsner for you. I hoewever do know it was more then worth it for me.

Many people have also asked me to compare it to the swissvax offerings. I have not ued swissvax yet so I cannot comment. I am planning on spliting a jar of divine with a friend after chirstmas, he is also a vintage owner sowe ar both curious as o how they compare.
I dont plan on doing a comparsion with concourso.I dont want to spend the money on it, esp. if I buy divine

People also want to know what makes vintage so great. There are a couple things. 1. Its refillable (this is of huge importance to me). 2. It looks great, the wax is very clear and deep. Lsp's are a coating on your paint, they distort the paint, thats what gives it the great look. The sun reflects and refracts to give the apperance it does.Vintage is a very clear wax, it adds depth and shine without overly distorting the paint. It is hard to explain, but those who have used alot of waxes, esp the higher end ones should have an undestaning of what i mean.
Vintage also cleans well, It is possible to simply spray off the paint and its clean. It really needs little to no aggitation. Most lsp's need agitation inthe formof a washmitt. Vintage does not need this. I will still do it but I could use a foam cannon. There is actully a gentelman who does a complete touchless wash, the uses a foam canon and a leaf blower. He never needs to touch his paint (a majot cause of swirls).
Vintage also provides great protection from bugs, water spots, etching, and bird bombs. Carnubas seem to appear to protect against these things compared to synthetic sealents. (sealents have there plus' like they last longer)

ohh and the beading is nuts on vintage, but thats just cool.

Justing is my business partner, we do many details toghter, including on personal vehicals. He therefor has access to vintage (when do personal cars,its not something we use on customers cars). He does have a good understaning of how vintage acts and looks.

I am posting this not to brag, not to show off, but to simply clear up some misconceptions. I am carzy, i realize I spent a ton of money on wax. Trust me i know. But iwas worth it.
I am hapy to awsner questions. And like I said this is not a sales pitch, Iread that I was being brought up so I felt it only fair that I put my 2cents in.

thanks for reading.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
ok now I want to see a video of that truck thrown into a mud hole and drive out as the muddy water sheets off of it leaving it clean! That would so rock!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I cant believe im here trying to figure out how I can get this without the wife knowing.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I cant believe im here trying to figure out how I can get this without the wife knowing.
Oh you know you need it....imagine how it would make that black look....and how it'd bead all that junk off....I only have one coat on it so far and they say the optimum is 5.....

Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
This is the second RAVE review I have heard of the stuff... I have always said it is worth it since it is refillable...I just cant afford the initial setback...

Jolly Green-- one day, I wanted to go have fun with my buddies, so we hit the trails and the mud (yes, me in my 2wd... I did fine, though)...It was awesome-- their cars were absolutely covered, and since I wanted to freak out my parents, I was going to come home with the truck absolutely encrusted... Unfortunately, I hit mud puddle after puddle, and the mud would bead up and fall off (a testament to #21/#26 combo...) Everybody said it looked so goofy to see a truck throw up a wall of mud over the hood then emerge virtually spotless...

Anyway, back on topic, Does anybody that lives near the DFW part of TX have any of this stuff... I really want to try it once...(Alternately, RR could buy it, and I could follow my usual scheme and steal an application of it...)

Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Anyway, back on topic, Does anybody that lives near the DFW part of TX have any of this stuff... I really want to try it once...(Alternately, RR could buy it, and I could follow my usual scheme and steal an application of it...)
If JP buys some, I'm driving to Texas to try it out...

Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by VR_MSM
Oh you know you need it....imagine how it would make that black look....and how it'd bead all that junk off....I only have one coat on it so far and they say the optimum is 5.....
Your not helping here Im trying to convince myself its an investment. At this point I dont have the money so im killing myself for nothing. But this might be a future purchase.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Your not helping here Im trying to convince myself its an investment.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by luke280
Lol easier said then done. I think the wife will notice 2k on the credit card

Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman
If JP buys some, I'm driving to Texas to try it out...
Hell, if JP buys it, I'm drivin' all the way from Ontario to try it

I'll even bring some MGD

EDIT: wait! I think Calgary is closer! LOL!

Last edited by MGDfan; 11-06-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hell, if JP buys it, I'm drivin' all the way from Ontario to try it

I'll even bring some MGD
Don't bother, it's brewed right here!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Lol easier said then done. I think the wife will notice 2k on the credit card
WOW!! That really is an awesome shine!!!

Quick Reply: Looky what I've got to use!!