Polishes and Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuff

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Why Thank you, Sir.

Hmmm...between the two of us, we might be able to figure out how to tell others about a website...
How long did it take you to gather all your supplies that you have in your gallery? I have heard that there is a second sticky coming out any truth to it.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by FALCON50EX
How long did it take you to gather all your supplies that you have in your gallery? I have heard that there is a second sticky coming out any truth to it.
What I have in the gallery isnt nearly all of it... I have accumulated stuff over the past 2 years (when I got into/learned detailing for the first time...).

You dont want what I have (and what many of us have): I have stuff that I thought would be good and it sucked (I was too impatient to wait for a reply on the forums and didnt search...). And, I have a LOT of stuff that is "beginner stuff"-- ie: it is stuff that I would tell somebody who is new at it, like the DC system. If I could use the same amount of $$$ as I did in the long run all at once, I would have a FAR different cache of chemicals and supplies. I would start off with #80 instead of Step 1, etc...

Also, I have a bunch of trial stuff/free stuff that I have accumulated...These are fun to play with sometimes on other people's cars... That's what friends are for, right?

ABOUT THE STICKY:

YES, there will be a revised one (V2.0) coming out...eventually. I am not the one editing it (well, I might change a few things)-- RP is. However, since he is sick and swamped at work right now, he has bigger fish to fry...

SO... Yes, there will be V2 coming out, but have patience Kemosabe.

BTW-- I think we should all wish RP a Get well, after all, he does a LOT for this forum.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Is ADS the only company that u know offering the G100...or PC7424 for that matter..with a lifetime warranty? i think that is a must...there is no question that i am going to get one..i just wanted to see what kind of pads to order...here it goes....

2 orange cutting pads (#80 followed by #9)

1 White pads (the ones with little cut) for glaze

2 Black (??) finishing pads for PB EX-P sealant and Meg's 26

What ya think?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:40 AM
Lake

Originally Posted by stud_135
Is ADS the only company that u know offering the G100...or PC7424 for that matter..with a lifetime warranty? i think that is a must...there is no question that i am going to get one..i just wanted to see what kind of pads to order...here it goes....

2 orange cutting pads (#80 followed by #9)

1 White pads (the ones with little cut) for glaze

2 Black (??) finishing pads for PB EX-P sealant and Meg's 26

What ya think?
LakeCountry has a chart that will breakit down. #of pads the more the better. Yes to ADS Rick is the only one I know of and I have been looking around. Check out you local NAPPA for the Megs stuff you may save on shipping.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 AM
I've also become a big fan of the Menzerna polishes. Superior abrasives!!!! Therefore, I would probably go with the IP and the Final Polish.

Like Meguiar's #83, Menzerna Intense Polish can be a little finicky to use with a PC... but it can be done. The Menzerna Final Polish works extremely well with a PC.

IMHO, the 106ff is better suited to a rotary.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Where did you get that price? I looked at ADS and i was checking out package 2..but i just dont need all of that..but i guess it does come with #80..i just dont want all that NXT stuff
Package #1 is the G100 with backing plate and a 8006 polishing pad. Then I would get a 6 pack with 4 8006 polishing pads and 2 9006 finishing pads. Then add the #80 and (#9 or #82). I guess that would be around the $235 range but that's still a great deal. You will be glad you have the extra pads and Megs pads do work better with Megs polishes.

Tic

Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey guys..im gonna order the G100 before it gets discontinued...
When is it being discontinued?

Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by BigBologna
When is it being discontinued?
Sometime in Jan, I believe .. haven't heard a hard date

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
I've also become a big fan of the Menzerna polishes. Superior abrasives!!!! Therefore, I would probably go with the IP and the Final Polish.

Like Meguiar's #83, Menzerna Intense Polish can be a little finicky to use with a PC... but it can be done. The Menzerna Final Polish works extremely well with a PC.

I find the IP works best with a PC on speed 6 and a cutting pad. But you ahve to have a non Meg's backing plate to feel safe running at a 6 speed. The Meg's plates have been known to seperate due to heat when running above speed 5 on the DA.

I ahve never used the 106FF with anything but a Rotary .. I will have to play with the DA, and see what I think ..

Old 11-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
BTW-- I think we should all wish RP a Get well, after all, he does a LOT for this forum.
Take care RP and relax! I believe RP published a Megs chart for type of pads to use with the G100 in another thread.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM
So how does the quality compare between the 7424 and the G100...ive always been told that they are the same product...just with a different name...and the fact that meg's backing plate cant handle speed 6 makes me want to go for the package from autogeek..here are the two that i am debating on..please help!

http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

or

Package 3 from ADS

Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM
So how does the quality compare between the 7424 and the G100...ive always been told that they are the same product...just with a different name...and the fact that meg's backing plate cant handle speed 6 makes me want to go for the package from autogeek..here are the two that i am debating on..please help!

http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

or

Package 3 from ADS

It is the same Machine .. no quality difference.

Buy the G100 from ADS .. call Rick, and ask him to give you the non Meg's backing plate .. should not be an issue

Last edited by Gipraw; 11-06-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

I would have to agree. Menzerna polishes like heat, applied correctly and at the right time. However, Id still put up any Menzerna polish against any other polish and say it will give you better results no matter how its applied (both polishes being applied the same way).

Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Sometime in Jan, I believe .. haven't heard a hard date
I talked to Rick today... he just kicked off another G100 promo and has 'several' of them in stock. My gutt feel is that, once the G100 is gone, it's gone.

The new device is to be or has been unveiled at SEMA. It looks disappointing but I'll withold total judgement just yet.

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Last week it was a stomach bug (and I won't describe the effects of that here) and this week it's strep coupled with a sinus infection.

I'd like to publically thank my little 4-month old for bringing home such nice bacteria and viruses from daycare to her daddy. It really means a lot to know that she's thinking about me enough to bring me gifts...

-RP-

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
It is the same Machine .. no quality difference.

Buy the G100 from ADS .. call Rick, and ask him to give you the non Meg's backing plate .. should not be an issue
Exactly. I think the most recent ADS promo includes the backing plate and a few other goodies. IMO, it's easily the best deal out there on the PC.

Be sure to mention that the fine folks at f150online.com sent you his way!

-RP-

Quick Reply: Polishes and Pads