Water Restrictions & cleaning...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a pretty nice write-up from calgary... I'm not sure I'd be using the same sponge/mitt to do the wells but, other than that... Maybe he tossed it after doing those areas.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I just posted in his thread about that. Im D&D Auto Detailing, obviously.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
Yep, I just posted in his thread about that. Im D&D Auto Detailing, obviously.

I've lurked over there off and on -- it's a pretty new forum, isn't it? *shrugs*

I just joined though.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
holy crap, i just posted that.

Thanks for bringing it over.
I agree on the diffrent mitt. I will have to go back and edit it. (dont worry I have mor then a few mitts I use).

Thanks everyon for the kind works.

but wow, i just posted it, word travesl fast

Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
Consider getting some ONR (Optimum No Rinse). I like it a lot better than QEW and Spray & Wipe.
I 2nd ONR. Love that stuff.

I would use the local place to knock off big stuff then the ONR.

Still use the 2 bucket method.

Cheers

JP

Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I would use the local place to knock off big stuff
That's what I was driving at - don't touch the truck over there, just blast it with the sprayer.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I've lurked over there off and on -- it's a pretty new forum, isn't it? *shrugs*

I just joined though.
Yep its new. But you'll find some real knowledgeable guys over there.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the replys guys...do you know if any of the local auto stores would carry it? I don't feel like ordering the stuff online lol. Anyway, I already knocked off the big stuff...its just that filliment of dirt thats still on it, and I would NEVER touch my truck with those flippin' brushes. My gf actually said I should stop fussing and just go to wally world and buy a BUNCH of bottled water just too get me too shut up about how dirty my truck was lol...can anyone say the most expensive just wash ever? I think i'm just going too risk it, I doubt that anyone will harp. Driving back 2night I saw my friend Terry with a PSD 250 had his sprinklers running, so if I get caught maybe I'll tell the cop "well my neighbors run the sprinklers...I have not seen this advisory...I mean I can't even read!" lol
~Phil

Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I mainly use ONR in my detailing business. If a vehicle is muddy I spray that off first and then proceed with the No Rinse. It leaves a vehicle shining like it has just been waxed. Here is another great video on how to use it correctly:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00996428313622

Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx
Thanks for the replys guys...do you know if any of the local auto stores would carry it? I don't feel like ordering the stuff online lol. Anyway, I already knocked off the big stuff...its just that filliment of dirt thats still on it, and I would NEVER touch my truck with those flippin' brushes. My gf actually said I should stop fussing and just go to wally world and buy a BUNCH of bottled water just too get me too shut up about how dirty my truck was lol...can anyone say the most expensive just wash ever? I think i'm just going too risk it, I doubt that anyone will harp. Driving back 2night I saw my friend Terry with a PSD 250 had his sprinklers running, so if I get caught maybe I'll tell the cop "well my neighbors run the sprinklers...I have not seen this advisory...I mean I can't even read!" lol
~Phil
Wally World will fill up those big 5 gallon jugs (and anything else) with water for like $1 a gallon, if that.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Polish

Dan,
You have a great web site for what looks like a part time job and I say that by the way you have your appointments set up. I am looking for the best way to polish aluminum that does not have a clear coat on it. We have two rotary buffers but I was thinking of using a DA. Next what can I use on the surface to slow down the oxidation on the surface that will resist heat .
Do you use any 3M products if so Where can i get a breakdown of that they are all used for?

Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Start yer own thread... That doesn't look like it is even *remotely* close to water restrictions...

Quick Reply: Water Restrictions & cleaning...