water spots and rain x questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water spots and rain x questions

i was wondering i have a water spots on my windows and windshield on the outside, well i took a wet paper towel and even tried windex to take them off nothing works, what can i use to take it off
also i put the rain x on my windows and windshield, i did exactly what it said to do on the directions, and even after wiping off the excess i can still see a slight glare/haze on the windshield but, i cant see it from the inside only from the outside, i dont kno if i can see it or not from the inside have to drive it during the night when lights hit my windshiled to see if it is causing a glare or not, has anyone had this problem
also i bought some interior rain x for inside glass is it ok to use and does it cause glare or anything
sorry for all the questions
thanks

Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't know if anyone else on here has it, but I work for a dealership and I have a product called Diamon Fusion on my windshield. The stuff is great. It has the same benefits as Rain X., except it's permanent, no reapplication needed. It also strengthens the windshield, helps reduce stone chips, nicks and stuff, but the biggest benefit is it reduces glare dramatically for night time driving. The stuff really does live up to the hype. It come with warranty against broken windshields for 4 years, they replace the windshield if needed, or repair any stone chips, etc. We've had it for over 2 years here and it's a really cool product. Not sure if you can get where you're at, but it costs us about $274. Not cheap, but considering what you get, not too bad. A lot of places retail it for over $500! Take it from me, the stuff works.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by king ranch
i was wondering i have a water spots on my windows and windshield on the outside, well i took a wet paper towel and even tried windex to take them off nothing works, what can i use to take it off
also i put the rain x on my windows and windshield, i did exactly what it said to do on the directions, and even after wiping off the excess i can still see a slight glare/haze on the windshield but, i cant see it from the inside only from the outside, i dont kno if i can see it or not from the inside have to drive it during the night when lights hit my windshiled to see if it is causing a glare or not, has anyone had this problem
also i bought some interior rain x for inside glass is it ok to use and does it cause glare or anything
sorry for all the questions
thanks
I know its a cop-out answer, but do a search-- this has been discussed a LOT... (this for the spotting thing)

I didnt like interior Rain-x...Didnt help much, if at all. I got several wipes free, and I still havent used more than one because it streaked like CRAZY...Maybe you will have better luck...

Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Try some Mothers Chrome polish to remove the RainX, and help remove the water spots.

Again, I'm not fond of RainX. I think Aquapel is a lot better product.

Can't help you with the inside RainX stuff.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
well i didnt drive no where in the night or at different times of the day to see if its going to glare and cause any streaking, at certain times of the day when the sun is at a certain angle it might cause a glare waiting to see if it does, i used just a wet towel to clean the inside of my windshiled and windows and used the rain x on all the exterior windows and mirrors and windshiled, from the outside looking at the windshiled it looks hazy cant tell on my windows if it looks the same or not tint is too dark, but i wiped and wiped off the rain x after applying to take the haze off it still appears to be there as of now i am not too happy with it we will see in the next few days i will keep everyone posted and for the interior rain x i am thinking of trying it on one side of the windshield and leave the other w/o it to see if there is any difference good or bad
thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Use Windex after you do the Rain-X treatment. It should remove any haze that's left.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

Again, I'm not fond of RainX. I think Aquapel is a lot better product.
Boss,

Is Aquapel in stores or just online?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
From my experience if the glass isn't "completely" cool that haze is an absolute nightmare to get off.

As long as the glass is cool it's normally all gravy.

As for the haze that's there. glass cleaner, blue shop towels, and elbow grease is all that I've found to get it off. For when I was too impatient to wait for the glass to be cool. (and paid for it.)

Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by jmm4879
Boss,

Is Aquapel in stores or just online?
Got mine at PepBoys.

Quick Reply: water spots and rain x questions