Major screw up... my fault??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya thats true. thanks for looking out but I was already planning on doing this. Since that is the original reason i believe the sticker pulled off the paint. I think someone was in a hurry, and just slapped the sticker onto a fresh coat, making the sticker's adhesive stick to the paint.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I would go to a body shop and have them do it. I had a friend have something similar fixed and it ran him 175 and it looked perfect. He was in and out of the shop that same day too. They would be able to blend that in no problem. They are gonna spray my mirrors, flares, and fix a little dent on the passenger side rear fender for me for about 350 or so.

I think the trucks look much better without all those stickers and emblems. Some are ok, but do we really need the 4x4??? In the end I think you might be happier also seeing as you were taking them off to begin with.

If it was my truck, I know I would. The cost really don't outweigh the means here. By the time you add up your time, materials, paint, and stickers, I think you would be ahead of the game by just getting it fixed the right way by a body shop and you would probably be happier. Just my opinion though...

Old 11-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Ya know what... I think your right. The cost really isnt an issue, it was more the "me wanting to do my own work" mentality. I am lucky enough to be born into a family owned Mercedes repair shop (hence the name). My old man is the owner and back in July cut me in as partner (finally considered my training "fair enough"... been working since about 12 ) We have body guys that'll take care of it for me, and like ya said, I will be happier in the end.
Nice to see someone else up nice and late
Also like to throw out, people in bay area, I may be willing to help install lifts or do other work on ur rig. Let me kno and I will see how I can help.
Back to the brews...

Quick Reply: Major screw up... my fault??