Blood on Leather

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Wow! Nice rides... My friend just bought a '07 Frontier with the v6, 5 speed, and the 4x4 NISMO off-road package.

I've driven it quite a few times already.... but it's kind of small for my tastes. But hey, it's pretty peppy too and it sits up high.
Yeah, I got a Crew Cab LE (the only model offered with leather) and I really like it. It was between the Fronty or the Titan for me (LE Fronty or LE Titan were within 2k of each other from my dealer) and I really did not need a big truck, nor did I want another gas guzzler (have the Armada for that) so I chose the Fronty. It is pretty peppy, I have the 5spd auto, IIRC the manuals are 6spd.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
you should call color new....there are several locations in TX...they are good at this type of fix.

http://colornew.com/locations/
Thanks, but they are all FAR from me........I'm Southwest of Houston.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by 01SILVERGT
Yeah, I got a Crew Cab LE (the only model offered with leather) and I really like it. It was between the Fronty or the Titan for me (LE Fronty or LE Titan were within 2k of each other from my dealer) and I really did not need a big truck, nor did I want another gas guzzler (have the Armada for that) so I chose the Fronty. It is pretty peppy, I have the 5spd auto, IIRC the manuals are 6spd.
Yeah, I'm so used to typing 5 speed on my trucks... trust me, I know that extra 6th is there when I'm driving it...

Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What part of the seat are we talking about?

As for a good 'maintenance' cleaner, Meguiar's Rich Aloe Leather Cleaner is a pretty good choice. Readily available and very effective.

Also, keep in mind that a HOT washrag that is damp (not saturated) is a very effective cleaner on today's coated leathers (and associated vinyl panels adjacent to the leather).

-RP-

Old 11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
What part of the seat are we talking about?

As for a good 'maintenance' cleaner, Meguiar's Rich Aloe Leather Cleaner is a pretty good choice. Readily available and very effective.

Also, keep in mind that a HOT washrag that is damp (not saturated) is a very effective cleaner on today's coated leathers (and associated vinyl panels adjacent to the leather).

-RP-
Top of the seat.

I've gotten everything off I can, there is still a light stain left. I'll try the Megs cleaner also.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Moderator &

Top of the seat.

I've gotten everything off I can, there is still a light stain left. I'll try the Megs cleaner also.
Top of the seat in the middle panel or top of the seat on one of the bolsters?

Also, the Meg's cleaner probably won't touch it if it is seemingly 'stained'. It's pretty good at MAINTENANCE on the seats but, when it comes to spot cleaning, it's not all that great.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Call "The Wolf", he fixes problems like that.

(from Pulp Fiction)

Old 11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Eastrick
Call "The Wolf", he fixes problems like that.

(from Pulp Fiction)
HAHAH, I happen to catch that last night on IFC...

Old 11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Top of the seat in the middle panel or top of the seat on one of the bolsters?

Also, the Meg's cleaner probably won't touch it if it is seemingly 'stained'. It's pretty good at MAINTENANCE on the seats but, when it comes to spot cleaning, it's not all that great.

it goes across both.

I hit it again with a HOT rag and followed up with megs. Its MUCh fainter now than before, but its still there. FYI, this is on a Nissan, so not sure if the leather is different than Fords.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Moderator &

it goes across both.

I hit it again with a HOT rag and followed up with megs. Its MUCh fainter now than before, but its still there. FYI, this is on a Nissan, so not sure if the leather is different than Fords.

Good info.

The reason I was asking about the location is that, in most cases, the 'leather seats' that the manufacturer will tout are only partially leather. This is true on most FoMoCo products as well as many other manufacs out there. In short, only the center panels on the seats are actual leather. The other parts are pleather or vinyl.

Keep going with the HOT rag... The Meguiar's Rich Leather, almost definitely, WILL NOT remove it. It's worth a try but, it's just not an aggressive cleaner -- it works fine for your every day cleaning to remove some grime and ground in crud into the texture of the material but, much beyond that, it's not a good spot cleaner.

Let me know how that works out. What other cleaning chemicals - from an all-purpose cleaner standpoint do you have around?

Can you get us some pics?

Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Good info.

The reason I was asking about the location is that, in most cases, the 'leather seats' that the manufacturer will tout are only partially leather. This is true on most FoMoCo products as well as many other manufacs out there. In short, only the center panels on the seats are actual leather. The other parts are pleather or vinyl.

Keep going with the HOT rag... The Meguiar's Rich Leather, almost definitely, WILL NOT remove it. It's worth a try but, it's just not an aggressive cleaner -- it works fine for your every day cleaning to remove some grime and ground in crud into the texture of the material but, much beyond that, it's not a good spot cleaner.

Let me know how that works out. What other cleaning chemicals - from an all-purpose cleaner standpoint do you have around?

Can you get us some pics?
I have a ton of other cleaning stuff around, (pretty much anything you can find at the grocery store, my wife has). In the Garage, I have Simple green, Various 409's, and an industrial "organic" cleaner (can not remember the name of it right now).

I will take pics later and post them tonight.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator &

I'll wait on el pictores'.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Suspended
So, anyone know how to get blood off leather? I cleaned most of it off, but there seems to be a light stain left. :o

Also, need a recommendation for a good leather CLEANER for tan leather (never had tan before and it shows stuff fast).
Peroxide, Peroxide, peroxide. It is very simple, and should not harm your leather. I dont want RollingRock to crawl up my butt, so I will explain how it works. Peroxide, is water (H20) with an extra hydrogen molecule (H3O) When the peroxide meets blood, there is a chemical reaction, and the extra hydrogen molecule floats of into space...leaving H20...water. Peroxide is THE best method for removing blood in fabrics such as cotton. PLEASE NOTE: I have never used it for cleaning leather. So, use at your own risk.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Peroxide, Peroxide, peroxide. It is very simple, and should not harm your leather. I dont want RollingRock to crawl up my butt, so I will explain how it works. Peroxide, is water (H20) with an extra hydrogen molecule (H3O) When the peroxide meets blood, there is a chemical reaction, and the extra hydrogen molecule floats of into space...leaving H20...water. Peroxide is THE best method for removing blood in fabrics such as cotton. PLEASE NOTE: I have never used it for cleaning leather. So, use at your own risk.
Right idea, wrong formula. Peroxide = H2O2. FYI: the bubbles are the 2nd oxygen atom being released, the part left is pure water.

H30 is hydronium, a cation of water, and I dont reccommend this for seats

H2O2 is a great idea-- removes blood from stuff really well...wish I had thought of that.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X2 on the peroxide. Im an EMT and Iv used peroxide numerous times to get blood out of clothing, sheets, shoes. it has never harmed the leather on shoes so you should be safe, and ShinesinTX hit it right on the nose with his explanation. let us know how it goes!

Quick Reply: Blood on Leather