Finshed up the 250 this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finshed up the 250 this morning

Stayed up until 1 am working on the paint under the lights last night, got early and finished up.

Didn't want to go too crazy on this one so I stayed away from SSR3. I did try a section with Optimum but I wasn't seeing the results I wanted even with a Lake Yellow cut pad and the DA on 6. So I went to PoorBoys.

What I used today:

I ran into a lot of old product build up (See other thread) which added some time to the process.

The results

For all the sun ****'s.

More on the next post

There are 52 photos of this detail here, http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...F250%20Detail/

Last edited by RollingRock; 11-17-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 PM
More

Old 11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Looks great

Love the color combo of your truck and would love to have the same truck. Every think of taking the stickers off the sides of the bed?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks okay, I guess. It'd look 'good' if you weren't wearing a COWBOYS shirt.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Looks okay, I guess. It'd look 'good' if you weren't wearing a COWBOYS shirt.

I sure didn't see that one coming.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

This the one you told me about on the phone? Me likes...

Great results as always-- glad to see you didnt cross into the darkside and actually like Optimum (not like I have ever tried it... )

Anyway, one of these days I want to come back to play detailer... As for now I am busy teaching a MAA Class... (For those of you who dont know, MAA= USN version of an MP= Military Police). Today sucked-- rather than detailing the KR with JP I had to teach Crime Scene Investigation, Investigative technques, and Crime Scene processing... It was interesting the first few times...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks great, RR

F150, with your CSI skills, can you come over and track down the numbskulls who keep putting fingerprints on my truck?

Old 11-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by SleepyMax
Looks great, RR

F150, with your CSI skills, can you come over and track down the numbskulls who keep putting fingerprints on my truck?
Uuhhhh... My skills arent as good as it sounds on the internet... yes, I know how to process a scene, but have only done it once, and in a training seminar. I teach the rudimentary parts of it then an expert CSI comes in and teaches the rest...this year it was the guy who is about the best in the SW USA... Anyway, it is more of an intro for these guys so that if when on patrol they run into a homicide or something else that requires a crime scene investigation, they know what to do (and more importantly, what NOT to do). They will process a traning scene in a couple of days...

anyway, its not that hard to do the fingerprint thing. Just get your truck spotless. They will touch it, then you use packing tape to lift the residue and flatten the tape against a blank black index card. Granted, it wont be perfect, but it will be good enough. All you have to do is take that to the local PD, ask them to run it through AFIS, and if they comply, ask them where the person lives (they definately will NOT give you this info), but try to get some info out of them... May be fun....

If nothing else, lift the prints and leave the card under your wiper with a HUGE note saying "I have your prints. I know where you live now. Leave my truck alone." That might stop it...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Looks great, RR

Thanks dawg...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by cvc14
Looks great

Love the color combo of your truck and would love to have the same truck. Every think of taking the stickers off the sides of the bed?

Thanks, after seeing what to a recent poster I think I will leave mine be.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RR and Sport. Do yall have any spare time coming up?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jwool15
RR and Sport. Do yall have any spare time coming up?

I do after the holiday weekend. This week we are camping down at loyd park after thanksgiving day.

I think that is Dec 1. I also recall Ryan saying he was open around that time too.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
RR, yes, keep the stickers on your truck. I would hate to see a re-post of what happened to the other guy (sorry, Other Guy. I would've cried if that happened to me.)

F150, thanks for all the info. I should've provided a bit more info, though. It's either the daughter, the son, or the wife. I'm pretty sure it's all three, though. No one knows how to use the door handle

RR... I have GOT to get a DA. The shine on your truck is just sick. I can get mine fairly glossy, but nothing like yours.

below is my best work so far, again with the worklights facing away from the truck

Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM
F150, thanks for all the info. I should've provided a bit more info, though. It's either the daughter, the son, or the wife. I'm pretty sure it's all three, though. No one knows how to use the door handle
Oh...:embarassed:
In that case, every time they get in or out, go over the ENTIRE truck with QD. Eventually, they will get so embarassed of you or tired of waiting for you that they will stop. If not that far, at least go over the doors...

Jwool--
Dec. 1st I am in Seattle. I will post my schedule for you whenever I get the chance.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:49 AM
RR, yes, keep the stickers on your truck. I would hate to see a re-post of what happened to the other guy (sorry, Other Guy. I would've cried if that happened to me.)

RR... I have GOT to get a DA. The shine on your truck is just sick. I can get mine fairly glossy, but nothing like yours.

below is my best work so far, again with the worklights facing away from the truck
I have been impressed with your results and never knew that you didn't have a DA. Getting a DA will change your life and I bet after your first detail with a DA you'll kick yourself for not getting one sooner. Working under the lights was new for me. I actually worked harder on the finish b/c I saw so many flaws and scratches but when i saw it this morning in the light I too was impressed and even my wife who could care less about this stuff said "wow, that is awesome"

When you get a DA, I will look for your posts and photos...then i will take notes from you as I know you will get those "sick" results. .....

Quick Reply: Finshed up the 250 this morning