Post Rain detail?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rain detail?

Howdy fellas...uhh I spent 6 hours detailing my truck the other day...sorry didn't take any pics, but anyway, I had the luck of getting some rain (finally!) BUT it screwed up all of my hard work. Whats the best way too get it back too the glory that it was before, easily. I really don't feel like working on it for another 6 hours.
~Phil

Old 11-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, it rained and you hadn't driven your truck? Or, you've driven it in the rain?

If the truck SAT in the rain and you didn't drive it --- a quality quick detailer product / spray sealant is a great route.

If you drove it in the rain or on wet streets -- full wash, finish with a quality quick detailer and/or spray sealant.

Quick Detailer Products:

Poorboy's Spray & Wipe (not a good finishing product)
Meguiar's Quik Detailer
Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer
Ultima Detailer Spray

Spray Sealants (or similar):

Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer
FK1 USA #425 Poly Slick
Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Those are just a few... there are oodles upon oodles of them out there.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx
Howdy fellas...uhh I spent 6 hours detailing my truck the other day...sorry didn't take any pics, but anyway, I had the luck of getting some rain (finally!) BUT it screwed up all of my hard work. Whats the best way too get it back too the glory that it was before, easily. I really don't feel like working on it for another 6 hours.
~Phil
Depends on the kind of rain you got and what you detailed.

If you only detailed only the paint....was the rain dirty? Lots of dust in the rain? If so, better to re-wash.

If just a light rain, use a QD or ONR and some good window cleaner and tire dress.

If you had prepped your paint right and protected it with a good wax you could get away with washing it or using a good QD.

Congrats on the rain, I know you guys needed it.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Two Guru's too the rescue! It was a full detail 3 coats of NXT at the end. Clay bar, Paint Cleaner, Show Car Glaze, then the NXT, all with an O.B. It sat, and drove in the rain (my sisters Bimmer, seems too have garage dibs first.) I also taped everything off and did back too black on everything, aside from polishing the truck-box with the O.B. as well. I wish I would have gotten pics, but it was dark and I was working in the garage (stole the Expy's spot for 6 hours lol) Anyway thanks guys, really appreciate it! RR we definatley needed the rain (still 17 inches short :-/) but it helped. It was a very dusty rain, so a quick wash and some QD should do it then? THanks again!
~Phil

Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
I will second the masters. With the protection of NXT on there you are fine when it rains, especially if it is so close in time to when it was applied. In fact, I would say you are at the peak of your protection. Long story short, rain will not undo the work of polishing or waxing (unless its a harsh acidic rain...), thus you are clear to do a QD or simple wash.

Quick Reply: Post Rain detail?