Finally got pics of the truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
That is absolutely LOADED UP with silicones.

Hence, the reason that Meg's makes a SILICONE-FREE DRESSING. Silicone-free simply makes it 'body shop safe'.

Water-based doesn't mean silicone-free.
I called WashSolutions earlier today (The Megs Dealer in DFW)....they told me the type of silica in Hyperdress were not solvent type.

Personally I don't feel that Hyperdress attracts dirt, I have seen it repel dust and dirt on my wheels and wheels after spending several days in the west Texas dust.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Markou1
Also you never mentioned ZAINO....If you guys are not using it then your misssing out..
Zaino is all I use - love it

Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Ah-- thats the one I forgot. Although I wouldnt say I am missing out-- Z is GREAT for long-term durability, but it is pretty darn labor intensive. Keep in mind that I wax a LOT, so I dont need to worry about durability too much... Thus, my system works wonders for me.
What would you consider ALOT!!!!
Because this truck gets driven daily unless one of the other BLACK CARS I own are being driven....So on a regular basis this truck gets BUFFED I would say 3-4 times a month...When I say BUFF that means POORBOYS 2.5 POORBOYS 1 --Also POORBOYS sealant and KLEARCOTE polish or ZAINO preferrably.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I called WashSolutions earlier today (The Megs Dealer in DFW)....they told me the type of silica in Hyperdress were not solvent type.
Not sure how that plays into the water based discussion?

The OP said he didn't like silicone... you suggested HD based on it being water-based (with an unread connotation that because it was water-based that it wouldn't have silicone - or at least that's how I read it). My point is that HD is loaded up with silicone and thus, if the OP is adamantly against silicones, there's an option -- Silicone-Free Dressing.

Also, silica and silicone are different. We'd have a respirable warning of some sort on the bottle from the fine folks in EPA Region 9 (California) if it had Silicone. Just peeked at the MSDS, the 'wear a respirator because the State of California - and Arnold - believe that this product could cause cancer in a lab rat running a marathon on a cool day in June during snowstorm on a day where the Miami Dolphins win a game..." isn't there.

I concur on it attracting/not attracting dust/dirt. It's not perfect but definitely one of the best that I've used... and, yes. It *is* my favorite Meguiar's product.

-RP- :santa:

Last edited by Rockpick; 11-21-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Markou1
What would you consider ALOT!!!!
Because this truck gets driven daily unless one of the other BLACK CARS I own are being driven....So on a regular basis this truck gets BUFFED I would say 3-4 times a month...When I say BUFF that means POORBOYS 2.5 POORBOYS 1 --Also POORBOYS sealant and KLEARCOTE polish or ZAINO preferrably.
I don't mean to be overly critical and sound like jerk but, if you're 'polishing' that frequently, you're doing something TERRIBLY wrong. There cannot be a necessisty for polishing (or 'buffing' as you call it) that frequently.

36 rounds with an abrasive polish - albeit a lightly abrasive polish - isn't going to be a good thing further down the road.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Not sure how that plays into the water based discussion?

The OP said he didn't like silicone... you suggested HD based on it being water-based (with an unread connotation that because it was water-based that it wouldn't have silicone - or at least that's how I read it). My point is that HD is loaded up with silicone and thus, if the OP is adamantly against silicones, there's an option -- Silicone-Free Dressing.

Also, silica and silicone are different. We'd have a respirable warning of some sort on the bottle from the fine folks in EPA Region 9 (California) if it had Silicone. Just peeked at the MSDS, the 'wear a respirator because the State of California - and Arnold - believe that this product could cause cancer in a lab rat running a marathon on a cool day in June during snowstorm on a day where the Miami Dolphins win a game..." isn't there.

I concur on it attracting/not attracting dust/dirt. It's not perfect but definitely one of the best that I've used... and, yes. It *is* my favorite Meguiar's product.

-RP- :santa:
It's a shame that Silica isn't the plural of Silicone...as that is what I was saying. Use of the English language is my struggle.

Wow I thought I was **** about PB's products, and I presume you mean SSR2.5 SSR1 etc....sealant? EX-P?
When I say BUFF that means POORBOYS 2.5 POORBOYS 1 --Also POORBOYS sealant
I love PB's, but that is more than I polish.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Use of the English language is my struggle.
Funny how you have a degree in Speech Communications...

In response to RP-- Darn. I guess my assumptions were wrong... I thought it had to be a solvent base to have silicones...

In response to Markou1-- For one, you are "buffing" WAY too much. Remember that you have a finite amount of clear on there. Also, I will throw another coat of wax on there about once a month; I have a BUNCH of wax that I need to use up by next summer (I will be moving, and some of the crap I have will either be used or tossed...Hard decision )

...Anyway... Bedtime...

Quick Reply: Finally got pics of the truck