Polishing

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polishing

When you polish your truck and say let the product break down before to remove it what does it mean? How can you know it?

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Alain1
When you polish your truck and say let the product break down before to remove it what does it mean? How can you know it?

Thanks!
Simply put...

The diminishing abrasives become smaller and smaller as you work the polish... until they are gone.

When the product changes it's appearance from a milky color liquid, to a translucent or someone clear state. If you are getting a lot of dust, you've probably worked the product to long.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
The product should be easy to wipe off when its broken down. Swipe it with your finger, if it comes right off then its good.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Alain1

Thanks!
Also, with most products that 'break down', you need not (and really, should not) allow them to dry to the paint.

-RP-

Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
it really depends on what product you use. i like the poorboys ssr 2.5, and it takes a little work to break down with a pc. that and it will dust up when you are breaking it down. but if dosnt really matter if it dust up because you are gonna qd the whold car before you move on to your glaze or sealant right..........

Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by ju015dd
it really depends on what product you use. i like the poorboys ssr 2.5, and it takes a little work to break down with a pc. that and it will dust up when you are breaking it down. but if dosnt really matter if it dust up because you are gonna qd the whold car before you move on to your glaze or sealant right..........
Good point. Different products react a little differently when broken down.

SSR3, 2, 2.5 & 1 break down differently than Optimum and Megs #80, etc

But like Boss said, most of the time you can tell based on looking at the product. I feel I know the PB product line pretty well so I know what to look for.

Another factor is DA speed....products look differently with speed and pad choice.

That is my .02

Quick Reply: Polishing