Vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I am no RP but I use this and I love it...i sold my Big **** shop vac in a garage sale to get this one and i couldn't be more pleased. (Lowes) crazy quiet and powerful. Use it almost daily for stuff.

Product link

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...411&lpage=none
Thanks RR. I checked it out and bought one.

The first trial vehicle? One really nasty work truck.

The unit performed great. I'm really pleased.

Thanks again to you and all posters for the tips.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 AM

I swear! Every time I get on this website, all I seem to do is spend money!!!!!!! I now have to go buy one of these 5 gal 5.5 hp vacs from Lowes!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
Thanks RR. I checked it out and bought one.

The first trial vehicle? One really nasty work truck.

The unit performed great. I'm really pleased.

Thanks again to you and all posters for the tips.
Sweet, I just mine almost every day for something, I also tried it as a blower on the truck to remove water from inside the mirrors, the cowl (SP), door jams etc after a wash and it worked like a champ.

In addition, after I sweep the garage I use it on the floor to "sweep" up the dust left behind and leaves that are blown in the corners etc.

hivoltagefx4 I swear! Every time I get on this website, all I seem to do is spend money!!!!!!! I now have to go buy one of these 5 gal 5.5 hp vacs from Lowes!
LOL, same for me.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'm waiting to hear RP's advice on this .. I really need a new vac. I've got a monster of a wet/dry vac but its just too much of a pain to maneuver around to do cars. I'd like to get something a little more compact, I find it much easier to use.
I'm late to the show due to my 'real' job but, like you, I use a MONSTER of a Wet/Dry vac. It can suck a golf ball through a garden hose... (and we all have golf *****, right?) Shop-Vac brand... not sure of the model.

Works great for me -- and it's used frequently in and out of the 'shop'.

My next one will be a wall-mounted version like Gip referenced... A hose is easier to deal with than a great big clumsy vac, IMO. But, for the time being, it works fine.

-RP-

Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I have the 5hp wall mount shop vac in my garage. I love it! but BEWARE!!! Do not use it for more than cleaning your truck. the hose is too long and can get clogged very easily. and it's pretty hard to clear a clogged 20' hose (insert joke here). I've had it for 3 years now. If it broke, I think I would get another one, but that would depend on the garage I have. That is a very important factor here. i can only get my truck in the garage in the wife's car isn't there. So I tend to use the smaller 1 gal. vac that i have on the truck, and the big one for her car.

Quick Reply: Vacuum