becoming OCD

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
becoming OCD

I have been reading a watching all kinds of info on detailing. It has got so bad I watched a 20 minute video on YouTube on how to wash your car last night, along with 5 videos from a Meguairs. I have now only asked for gift certificates from autogeek for Christmas. I can't believe I am looking at the grit guard set up with two buckets on casters for over 100 dollars along with a long list of other items. Next I will want a heater for the garage so I can work in the correct temp during the middle of winter.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by quicktsi
I have been reading a watching all kinds of info on detailing. It has got so bad I watched a 20 minute video on YouTube on how to wash your car last night, along with 5 videos from a Meguairs. I have now only asked for gift certificates from autogeek for Christmas. I can't believe I am looking at the grit guard set up with two buckets on casters for over 100 dollars along with a long list of other items. Next I will want a heater for the garage so I can work in the correct temp during the middle of winter.
You are well on your way grasshopper.

PS....you don't need the buckets with casters...you just need the grit guards and any good 5 gal buckets. Get the ones with GAL marks on it so you know the right dilutions for car soap etc.

As for heaters/AC....that is walking the line...I keep 2 ceramic heaters in the garage and 2 LP gas heaters...(you need a little ventilation)

When you start keeping MF's and QD's with ONR in your truck box, you are officially OCD. (and if you eat Poorboys Natty's wax on your bagels like F150Sport does)

Cheers

JP

Old 11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Suspended
Damn, by that standard that means I have been OCD since my first new truck in high school. Crap...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Forgot to mention I bought a parts car for some parts for the 91 Thunderbird SC. I opted to keep a fender to have something to practice on.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
All of my friends and family always told me I was OCD about detailing, so that is what I named my business, Obsessive Detail!

Heck I even wax the lawnmower, put metal polish on all of our stainless appliances, buff the countertops, and so on....

My 5 year old is starting early, he has been spraying quick detailer on his bike and Power Wheels lately!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Juztang
All of my friends and family always told me I was OCD about detailing, so that is what I named my business, Obsessive Detail!

Heck I even wax the lawnmower, put metal polish on all of our stainless appliances, buff the countertops, and so on....

My 5 year old is starting early, he has been spraying quick detailer on his bike and Power Wheels lately!
that's what I call a picture perfect family...

My parents wanted me to clean off their bikes (Trek 5.2 Madone), and were freaking out that I was using some unknown pink chemical on it-- they just KNEW it would go right through the paint and eat at the carbon fiber like some sort of mutant acid... It was #34. It performed FANTASTICALLY. Then, I (naturally) put Hyper dressing on the tires. And I *might* have used a metal polish on the wheels (replaced factor wheels with some polished aluminum wheels)... And of course, both bikes got clayed, polished, and waxed... Am I OCD? YES! But, keep in mind that my truck shines, my bike shines, and my parents bikes shine... Now if only I could get my parents or my brother to wash their cars...

Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
that's what I call a picture perfect family...

My parents wanted me to clean off their bikes (Trek 5.2 Madone), and were freaking out that I was using some unknown pink chemical on it-- they just KNEW it would go right through the paint and eat at the carbon fiber like some sort of mutant acid... It was #34. It performed FANTASTICALLY. Then, I (naturally) put Hyper dressing on the tires. And I *might* have used a metal polish on the wheels (replaced factor wheels with some polished aluminum wheels)... And of course, both bikes got clayed, polished, and waxed... Am I OCD? YES! But, keep in mind that my truck shines, my bike shines, and my parents bikes shine... Now if only I could get my parents or my brother to wash their cars...
i have always clayed and QD's my road bikes and mt bikes.

BTW, this is my 2000th post.

Soak it in.......

Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
i have always clayed and QD's my road bikes and mt bikes.

BTW, this is my 2000th post.

Soak it in.......

Wise move on the bikes- works very well.

As for the posts... Enjoy your new stats. (RP--- take all but 100 away-- every week!!! j/k)

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I have not detailed the mountain or road bike. I do ride a Trek Pilot 5.2 and Fuel EX7. I did put some new Kenda Nevegals on the MTB and started looking at the wheels next to the shiny new tires.

I have the wife using the 3M perfect it on the dinning room table. She also used it on the kitchen sink.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure one can "become" OCD. I think it's something we're either born with or we're not. For instance, I'm reasonably (and happily) OCD and the ex is not. So where did my son end up? Well, one day when he was about 2, he was playing with all of his Hot Wheels (no bowties allowed) on the living room floor. At one point I looked over and he had all of them grouped by color, type and style. That's my (OCD) boy! Of course he's also cursed with "the knack" and will probably have to become an Engineer like dad.

As for you, ****** the pebble from my hand. Welcome to the cult. Next week we'll teach you the secret handshake and then show you how to line all of the bubbles up in your wash buckets.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I would like to be able to clean and detail my truck all the time and prob would be doing it as much as maybe twice a week but with the weather being so weird in tx the last couple of months its hard to pick a day out.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by supachargd2k5
I would like to be able to clean and detail my truck all the time and prob would be doing it as much as maybe twice a week but with the weather being so weird in tx the last couple of months its hard to pick a day out.
As much as I like to detail, I will say that a full-out detail even once a month is to much. Waxing once a week is fine-- I used to (Back when I actually had time to do those things). But, remember that you have a finite amount of clear left, and with that, detailing too often is NOT good, hence the "least agressive method" methodology...

However, I am pleased to see that there is yet another OCD'er in the group

Quick Reply: becoming OCD