New polisher

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New polisher

Guys i have a polisher Jepson (rotary) that i have from my wife the maximum rpm is 2600 do you think it would be better to change it to a porter cable or its a good one for a beginner.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Alain1
Guys i have a polisher Jepson (rotary) that i have from my wife the maximum rpm is 2600 do you think it would be better to change it to a porter cable or its a good one for a beginner.

Thanks!
If you've never used a rotary buffer before, you will want to be very careful using it. You can do some serious damage without some instruction and/or a lot of practice. The PC, and similar tools are a lot safer.

Which Jepson is it? Does it look more like a drill, or a large sander/polisher?

Old 11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I am a newbie with a polisher as well...i would definitely go with a DA over a rotary until you have enough experience because i hear you can burn your paint...if you have maintained your vehicle at least decently, you shouldnt need any more of a machine than a PC or UDM..

Old 11-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
If you've never used a rotary buffer before, you will want to be very careful using it. You can do some serious damage without some instruction and/or a lot of practice. The PC, and similar tools are a lot safer.

Which Jepson is it? Does it look more like a drill, or a large sander/polisher?

It look like a drill.

Quick Reply: New polisher