Help, Trim Turning White!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, Trim Turning White!!!

I put some spray on my truck's black out side trimming and now it's turning white what should I do?????

Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kind of "spray" did you put on it? Knowing that will help us help you.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ddgarcia05
I put some spray on my truck's black out side trimming and now it's turning white what should I do?????
Mothers Back to Black, give that a try-its pretty good stuff.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by JasonFX4
Mothers Back to Black, give that a try-its pretty good stuff.
Whatever you try, DON'T use Mother's "Back-To-Black." One of the worst products out there.

Jim

Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Poorboys Trim Restorer will work well on this. Sometimes it requires a few coats to bring the trim back to life.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by jaymz
Whatever you try, DON'T use Mother's "Back-To-Black." One of the worst products out there.

Jim
Really? Its worked fine on my truck. Whats it do, rot the plastic?

Old 11-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonFX4
Really? Its worked fine on my truck. Whats it do, rot the plastic?
It made mine turn even whiter. It looks good for a couple of days, then starts to dry out. It is embedded in the grain and turns white. Had to scrub with a brush to get it out. Mine eventually turned white all over, the best thing I have found so far is Bondo's Restore Black.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
Really? Interesting. I routinely use that on my trim-- it still looks great (after applying once-twice per month for the past 2-3 years...)

as for Back-to-Black, I found that it looks fantastic for a day or two, then it turns white and looks REALLY bad.

I find that Hyperdressing works EXTREMELY well on trim, but since I am running low, I am using other stuff for now. (time to get online...)

Bondo restore black is FANTASTIC (Similar to the dye on ADS). It is, however, a dye-- not a dressing-- thus it should not be used routinely. I did all my black trim with it, and I get compliment after compliment on it. It really holds its color (I did mine 2x-- once per year for the past 2 years). At $10, it is VERY well worth the pricetag.

Now, there is another product at ADS that is VERY similar, only it also comes in a grey color in addition to the black so that you can do the grey plastic, too. check out their site for more details.

ALSO-- I hear PB trim restorer works great.
AND-- I hear that Meguiars trim restorer smells like vomit... Plan accordingly.

This help any?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Really? Interesting. I routinely use that on my trim-- it still looks great (after applying once-twice per month for the past 2-3 years...)

as for Back-to-Black, I found that it looks fantastic for a day or two, then it turns white and looks REALLY bad.

I find that Hyperdressing works EXTREMELY well on trim, but since I am running low, I am using other stuff for now. (time to get online...)

Bondo restore black is FANTASTIC (Similar to the dye on ADS). It is, however, a dye-- not a dressing-- thus it should not be used routinely. I did all my black trim with it, and I get compliment after compliment on it. It really holds its color (I did mine 2x-- once per year for the past 2 years). At $10, it is VERY well worth the pricetag.

Now, there is another product at ADS that is VERY similar, only it also comes in a grey color in addition to the black so that you can do the grey plastic, too. check out their site for more details.

This help any?
Yes, tons, I think I'm going to go with the PB, because I hear about it alot on this place.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
DLM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03

This help any?
good post, man. thanks for the info. there was a similar thread like this and it just stopped getting responses and i was feeling kinda stuck.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 AM
How does Black Wow compare to Poorboys?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by oceanic64
How does Black Wow compare to Poorboys?
Hmmm... Dont know. Hope someone else can help you there.

As for the other replies--- thanks for the kudos, guys. Much appreciated.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes, tons, I think I'm going to go with the PB, because I hear about it alot on this place.
Good choice..

When you use the PB's, make sure you wipe it down with a dry MF after you apply it.

People that frequent this area of the forum, know how I feel about PB's but don't discount Hyperdressing from Megs. It's extremely versatile, great product.

Ryan, if you need some Hyperdressing let me know I can fill up a bottle for you. And I am thinking of working on the wife's car this weekend. Sunday to be exact. Let me know if you are interested in a little pay back.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Good choice..

When you use the PB's, make sure you wipe it down with a dry MF after you apply it.

People that frequent this area of the forum, know how I feel about PB's but don't discount Hyperdressing from Megs. It's extremely versatile, great product.

Ryan, if you need some Hyperdressing let me know I can fill up a bottle for you. And I am thinking of working on the wife's car this weekend. Sunday to be exact. Let me know if you are interested in a little pay back.
I will see what I can do-- I am leaving for Seattle tomorrow, and I cant remember if I fly back on Saturday evening or Sunda evening... I will call you if I am in TX...

Quick Reply: Help, Trim Turning White!!!