For anyone using Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone using Meguiars

Anybody on here using the Meguiars 3 step process-paint cleaner-polish-carnauba wax??? I was wondering how much of a difference the paint cleaner and polish made, because I'm currently only using the "cleaner wax". But give me some credit, I did buy a clay bar kit last week. Havent got to use it yet though, damn rain.

And feel free to share experiences with other Meguiars products you've used...I'm just trying to get my truck looking as good as possible, and I'm sure a lot of others on here are too.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by MOford21
Anybody on here using the Meguiars 3 step process-paint cleaner-polish-carnauba wax??? I was wondering how much of a difference the paint cleaner and polish made, because I'm currently only using the "cleaner wax". But give me some credit, I did buy a clay bar kit last week. Havent got to use it yet though, damn rain.

And feel free to share experiences with other Meguiars products you've used...I'm just trying to get my truck looking as good as possible, and I'm sure a lot of others on here are too.
For a small note, you are asking for a lot of info. I would spend a little time looking around in this area and read some of the posts, there should be about a weeks worth of reading. There are lots of great products out there, including Megs. They make great stuff.

Boy that sure didn't answer any of your questions did it?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Have you checked out the sticky at the top yet?

BTW-- the 3 step will be a big step up from the Cleaner wax, especially after you have clayed.

Also-- another A-line product (ie: Over the counter) you will likely enjoy is Meguiars NXT. Use it after step 2, then wait 12 hours, then do step 3. This will increase the durability and shine a good deal. Worth it. (However, Mothers SynWax is a bit cheaper and is more easy to remove. Pretty much same performance in terms of after application-- you might want to check this out, too.)

Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's probably safe to say that I know a lot of the Meg's products...

The term 'polish' is a loose term. In some circles, it'll be used to describe an abrasive product that can remove swirls and add 'pop'. Another circle will describe it as a pure product designed specifically for 'pop'. Another circle will describe it as a product used to conceal paint problems and add some 'pop'.

See the common link in there? 'pOp'

In the case of the 3-step system, the product is there for POP and offers little to nothing along the lines of cleaning (abrasives). The cleaner (a chemical cleaner, primarily -- not many abrasives in the #1 step) is there to deal with the paint problems, the polish (step #2) is there for POP, and step #3 is the protection step.

It's generally accepted within the detailing realm as a pretty good consumer-grade system to accomplish pretty good results with minimal time.

-RP-

Quick Reply: For anyone using Meguiars