Painting Bug Guard

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painting Bug Guard

I want to paint my bug guard with truck bed liner, and was wondering if i should paint it first with plastic paint, or just straight bed liner? (Rustoleum Plastic Paint; Duplicolor Bed Liner)

Thanks

Old 12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by mark03screw
I want to paint my bug guard with truck bed liner, and was wondering if i should paint it first with plastic paint, or just straight bed liner? (Rustoleum Plastic Paint; Duplicolor Bed Liner)

Thanks

Just scuff if up with some wet sandpaper, clean it with a degreaser and spray it. The bed liner has some texture to it, so any small scratches will be filled in, just don't over do it with the sandpaper.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:14 PM
It depends on what look you want. I have used the Krylon Fusion black for some things on cars, but I will warn you: It does not like to make even coats...Granted, it is a rattle can....

If you think you can get a nice even coverage with the Fusion AND you are looking for a gloss black appearance, go for 3 or so coats.

If you want more of a touh look, a matte look, a durable finish, or a forgiving working media, go for bedliner.

Whatever you do, I would take off the bug shield AND the window ones. Then, do them all at once-- you want them to look the same.

Quick Reply: Painting Bug Guard