clay bar info plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
This total bs beechkid....you have posted this before and you could never show proof....your post is not correct....if you have something of real value to offer post it but until then keep comments like off this section....I am using my blackberry right now to post...when I get back to my office I will dig up your old post to prove you wrong again.....to the op please dismiss beechkids comments he doesn't know what he is talking about

burn

Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
Aside from the fact that printed in the Ford factory service manuals since 1997, it clearly states the use of claybars are not recommended and two chemical cleaning agents are specifically identified since claybars only remove contaminents they can touch...not the residual that remains in the pores of the paint.

But I know, eveybody will just say...........Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ok, Beechkid. Now that I am back from my customer dinner and not being disrespectful to them by checking my blackberry about a posts I am very passionate about. I dug up your last post regarding this same topic where you offered up this ridiculous comment about using clay bars.

To the OP, I apologize for my SSR3 like response but this is the second time we've had refute Beechkids wild claims and I hope that you don't take his posts seriously in this section of the Forum. There are many, many respected professionals here and several have commented on his posts in the past.

Here is the thread if you would like to look through it.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=305172

using a clay bar is perfectly safe if used properly to prep the surface by removing contaminates. Things like rail dust from delivery, tree sap, road tar, bird poo, etc will mostly be lifted from the surface leaving it buttery soft and super slick...as if it was wet. Once that is done, is the right time to polish and wax.

Please disregard Beechkids claims, and take the advice from the elders here who have many, many years of experince.

If you have specific questions, ask them or send me a PM. We are here to help those that seek it....part of that help is to filter out noise that is meaningless and non significant to your questions.

Cheers.

JP

Follow up....this is not the first time Beechkid has thrown a grenade in a post then ran for cover never to stay and try and back up this claims. Here is another perfect example. Maybe when Beechkid becomes a BeechMAN he will be able to stand behind his posts.

Last edited by RollingRock; 12-13-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, first off, Damn! RR beat me to it... (I was at a STUPID Structure fire...another story altogether... Freaking telephone poles...)

Anyway, I will agree 110% with Rolling Rock in what he has said so far.

ALSO-- Beachkid-- if you want to play the "dredge up an old post and copy+paste it" game, I suggest you reread my previos response to the SAME exact post you had. My answer hasnt changed one bit. (except for the typo, which can be changed if you like...)

One thing I want to re-emphasize is that you need to back up your posts with facts-- I have the same truck more or less-- same body style. Thus, my manual is virtually identical, and it says that CLAYING IS BENEFICIAL. (granted, they want you to buy from FMC or pay them to do it...

To the OP-- Like RR already said, do NOT listen to this crazy kid. Listen to the PROFESSIONALS. (and please have a read of the sticky if you havent already) we know what we are talking about, and often put our reputations on the line doing what we post about here.

Beechkid-- before you post again, PLEASE have some FACTS and sources. As of yet, I have seen nothing that you have posted that is worth while.

*end of rant*

Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Well, first off, Damn! RR beat me to it... (I was at a STUPID Structure fire...another story altogether... Freaking telephone poles...)

Anyway, I will agree 110% with Rolling Rock in what he has said so far.

ALSO-- Beachkid-- if you want to play the "dredge up an old post and copy+paste it" game, I suggest you reread my previos response to the SAME exact post you had. My answer hasnt changed one bit. (except for the typo, which can be changed if you like...)

One thing I want to re-emphasize is that you need to back up your posts with facts-- I have the same truck more or less-- same body style. Thus, my manual is virtually identical, and it says that CLAYING IS BENEFICIAL. (granted, they want you to buy from FMC or pay them to do it...

To the OP-- Like RR already said, do NOT listen to this crazy kid. Listen to the PROFESSIONALS. (and please have a read of the sticky if you havent already) we know what we are talking about, and often put our reputations on the line doing what we post about here.

Beechkid-- before you post again, PLEASE have some FACTS and sources. As of yet, I have seen nothing that you have posted that is worth while.

*end of rant*
DAM***

Old 12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
DAM***

Old 12-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by ju015dd
LOL

Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again, RollingRock (or Rockpick) rolls in with lights and siren to save us from certain of our own membership. Thanks once again for keeping this site safe!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2stroked

Once again, RollingRock (or Rockpick) rolls in with lights and siren to save us from certain of our own membership. Thanks once again for keeping this site safe!
Agreed. (although I actually use lights and sirens... I am a FF)

Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I will FAX the OEM document to anyone who wants it!

I will fax the oem document to anyone who wants it-

Post on here and send a pm also.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
DAM***
I will fax the OEM document to anyone who who request it. Post on here and send a PM to me.

BTW, I am not a "kid" and and ICAR certified, spraying my first car in 1956 in lacquer- and yes, I do remember how to repair body panels with lead!

Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
How about scanning it and uploading it somewhere, and posting a link to it?

If you don't have the technical means to do it, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my fax number and I'll do it.

Last edited by glc; 09-16-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How much is everyone willing to bet that if you walk into the back of your local Ford dealer where they detail the cars that go out in front of the dealers and in the showroom you will find numerous clay bar kits.. They also get used cars as trade ins and such to and they have to get them detailed to sell...

Side note, this thread has been quite amusing in Beechkids mission to defend the anti-use of clay bars

Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
spraying my first car in 1956 in lacquer

Now it makes more sence. New technologies do tend to scare people.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 09-17-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Yep, I'd be very hesitant about using a clay bar on anything except clear coat. Yes, I know some of you have used them on single stage, but I won't. Paint technology has drastically changed since the days of plain old solvent-based lacquer and enamel.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
I know this is a clear case of "You can polish a turd but all you end up with is a shiny turd." LMAO but. This was the one and only time in the last few years I've worked with a single stage paint. I did clay and it worked great. It did trash the claybar though. Was doing a family friend a favor for his elderly mother. This was also by hand before I owned a DA.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 09-17-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: clay bar info plz