Meguiar's Scratch X = Life Saver

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiar's Scratch X = Life Saver

Well,
I have had my Black XLT for about 6 Months and being that it's black I try to keep it scratch free. But..... We went up to the cabin and the trees decided to reach out a say hello. Needless to say, the truck was covered in scratches. So this morning I washed it and used Scratch X, Once that was done I waxed it with Meguiars NXT and the truck is scratch free and looking great. If anyone has any scratches i highly recommend the combo of scratch X and NXT.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
How did you like the NXT. I have been thinking about trying it on my 07 but wasn't sure if it was better/worse than the Gold I have been using. Good to hear that the scratch X does such a good job too. I'll have to keep that handy also.

LegIron

Old 12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by LegIron
How did you like the NXT. I have been thinking about trying it on my 07 but wasn't sure if it was better/worse than the Gold I have been using. Good to hear that the scratch X does such a good job too. I'll have to keep that handy also.

LegIron
Well, though I am not MrAggie (Gig Em, BTW), I have used both GC and NXT, and can assure you that they are both great, but each is designed to have a specific purpose.

NXT is a synthetic type wax, thus it offers MUCH greater durability and protection. Its characteristics are a more suran wrap look (VERY glossy), has light cleaners and abrasives, and has light fillers. It is a great "beginner" type product, and TBH, though I have some fancy sealants, I occasionally find myself pulling this stuff out.

Gold Class is a carnauba based wax, thus it has a LOT more depth, but suffers a pretty short lived protection factor. It is VERY good for topping a sealant with in that it REALLY brings out flake, deepens colors, removes the suran look, etc.

Moral to the story: Get NXT, use it, wait about 12 hours, QD, then do GC on top of it. This will ensure protection AND fantastic looks.

That said, I would reccommend reading the sticky if you havent, claying if you havent, and possibly looking into a defect removal step (if you are serious about getting into this).

HTH, and Good luck!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Well, though I am not MrAggie (Gig Em, BTW), I have used both GC and NXT, and can assure you that they are both great, but each is designed to have a specific purpose.

NXT is a synthetic type wax, thus it offers MUCH greater durability and protection. Its characteristics are a more suran wrap look (VERY glossy), has light cleaners and abrasives, and has light fillers. It is a great "beginner" type product, and TBH, though I have some fancy sealants, I occasionally find myself pulling this stuff out.

Gold Class is a carnauba based wax, thus it has a LOT more depth, but suffers a pretty short lived protection factor. It is VERY good for topping a sealant with in that it REALLY brings out flake, deepens colors, removes the suran look, etc.

Moral to the story: Get NXT, use it, wait about 12 hours, QD, then do GC on top of it. This will ensure protection AND fantastic looks.

That said, I would reccommend reading the sticky if you havent, claying if you havent, and possibly looking into a defect removal step (if you are serious about getting into this).

HTH, and Good luck!
Thanks for the info and it sounds like I have some reading to do.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Scratch X = Life Saver