So, is NXT 2.0 better? How and how much?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
The UQD, from my limited experience with it, isn't streaky. I'm betting it was an evaporation issue being that it was that chilly. Don't give up on it yet...
I figured it would be that... I am amazed at its water repellancy... Crazy stuff...

Old 12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Paste or liquid?

What does everybody prefer? Which is easier to apply and remove? I picked up some Meguiars NXT last weekend(paste) and really liked the results although I thought it was going to come off easier. I was using microfiber cloths to remove, should I use something else?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
You phrased this VERY well: "Prefer"........ It really is all personal preference. Some like the feel of paste, others like the feel of liquid.

Me? It depends. I wish Nattys was in a liquid. Why? Because you occasinally get a chunk on the pad, and its a PITA to always be getting the right size chunk. On the other hand, I like other products (all depends on which one) in a paste for the texture that INDIVIDUAL product offers.

TBH, I have never used NXT paste. I have used NXT liquid and am going to use NXT 2.0 liquid (does it come in a paste??? ) whenever the weather cooperates again.

and no, you should NOT use ANYTHING else. Microfiber is the way to go, as long as you are using high quality MF towels. Just out of curiosity, what kind are you using? (Please dont say the ones from WalMart...)

Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Slick
why was my post deleted?
Explain to me what GI Joe's Sergent Slaughter and a public service announcement slogan has to do with this thread and I'll replace it...

Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Wonder if a layering of NXT 2.0 and then Souverän wold cause temporary blindness???

Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Explain to me what GI Joe's Sergent Slaughter and a public service announcement slogan has to do with this thread and I'll replace it...
??? Why would you post that in the first place??? This isnt GD... Thanks, RP, for keeping the forums safe and protecting the users from junk...(again)

Originally Posted by prnsr82
Wonder if a layering of NXT 2.0 and then Souverän wold cause temporary blindness???
Probably... As long as you do the proper prepping first...

Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Just for the sake of argument your idea is? I would assume (with the stuff i have), wash, clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, Wait 8 hours, NXT 2.0, then Souverän.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
-what's-his-face told me about meguiar's forums which i didn't know about.

- i posted "the more you know" pic and Sgt. Slaughter who is a poster boy for "knowing is half the battle"

b/c i didn't know, ya know?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
??? Why would you post that in the first place??? This isnt GD... Thanks, RP, for keeping the forums safe and protecting the users from junk...(again)

Probably... As long as you do the proper prepping first...
exactly how was that junk? evidently some people still haven't heard the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words". that or they aren't smart enough to put two and two together.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
exactly how was that junk? evidently some people still haven't heard the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words". that or they aren't smart enough to put two and two together.
because I didnt ever see the picture-- I saw the thread after RP deleted it...

Makes sense now...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by prnsr82
Just for the sake of argument your idea is? I would assume (with the stuff i have), wash, clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, Wait 8 hours, NXT 2.0, then Souverän.
Well, I have no experience with AIO, but if I remember right, it is more of a cleaner wax (hence the All in One title) Also, I dont know abotu Klasse SG. So, with respect to those, I havent the foggiest.

As for NXT 2.0, I am in need of some chemical insight: (pages RP)

RP: Does 2.0 have all the same elements as normal NXT? (ie: light detergents, light abrasives, light fillers)

If it does, then you may not want to use it after anything with a filler and/or polish. Why? because the detergents and abrasives will remove previous steps. That is why having a pure sealant is essential.

BUT-- You definately need to keep the wash and clay in your plan. Those are 100% correct.

EDIT: As for souveran, I have never used it, but based on its reputation, I say go for it.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
because I didnt ever see the picture-- I saw the thread after RP deleted it...

Makes sense now...
point noted and previous comment withdrawn.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Moderator &

point noted and previous comment withdrawn.
Ehh... reason isn't good enough. It stays deleted.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
blah blah blah
No word on the NXT 2.0 inquiry?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Moderator &

No word on the NXT 2.0 inquiry?
Sorry... you've posted so much and so densely as of late that I've only parused many of your posts and missed your question...

As for 2.0, I believe that the 'bulk' of the product is the same. I have very little insider information on the product. I do know that Meg's has simply replaced the G-127 PN with the 2.0 version. No PN change, in short.

I've been watching the MSDS on their site and have seen no changes.

Quick Reply: So, is NXT 2.0 better? How and how much?