So, is NXT 2.0 better? How and how much?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Sorry... you've posted so much and so densely as of late that I've only parused many of your posts and missed your question...

As for 2.0, I believe that the 'bulk' of the product is the same. I have very little insider information on the product. I do know that Meg's has simply replaced the G-127 PN with the 2.0 version. No PN change, in short.

I've been watching the MSDS on their site and have seen no changes.
...oops... thinking about it, you are right...I may be going overboard... (time to restrain myself a bit more)

Anyway, are you saying that its a tweak with new packaging? Or is it merely new packaging? Also, whenever you get the chance to use it, let me know what you think. I am interested to hear it from the Master. (Boss and RR, this goes for you, too)

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
...oops... thinking about it, you are right...I may be going overboard... (time to restrain myself a bit more)

Anyway, are you saying that its a tweak with new packaging? Or is it merely new packaging? Also, whenever you get the chance to use it, let me know what you think. I am interested to hear it from the Master. (Boss and RR, this goes for you, too)

Thanks!
I did a side by side on the hood of my truck and they changed it some what. How much I don't know, but it did look more clear and was smoother than the old NXT. The 2.0 seems like they took the UQD and mixed it into the NXT. Or at least some of the same chemicals. This is just my opinion so it might not be fact.

Tic

Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah l'll do my test come friday/saturday. hopefully the 2 coats of NXT dosent wipe out my Klasse SG, then two coats of wax ontop should look good

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I just did my first run with 2.0 on the wife's '05 Escape. To be honest, I didn't notice much difference. The smell of the 2.0 seems a little less pungent than original Nxt (a good thing!) and if anything, I think it came off a little harder (maybe just temperature and humidity conditions?) but beyond that, I couldn't tell much of a difference.

As far as longevity (kind of what the packaging implies is the benefit of the new product) I guess time will tell moving forward......

The fact that the UPC code of the new product didn't change tells me that any formulation difference is very slight.....

Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
The fact that the UPC code of the new product didn't change tells me that any formulation difference is very slight.....
Getting a new UPC is kind of a costly process. When a company goes in and REPLACES a product, you'll rarely see a change in the UPC. This is true on most everything you'll find at Wally Hell from Orange Juice to Huggies.

But, that said, I doubt that the formulation changed drastically... I had the chance to try it last week but opted to go the MPPP / #21 / #16 route.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ackms421
Not sure how much it'll cost. But there's a Meguiar's "kit" at Wal-Mart right now that is a steal, and it contains NXT 2.0. I think that's the only place it's currently available. The kit comes with ultimate quick detailer, tire shine gel, quick interior detailer, tire cleaner, scratch-x and the NXT 2.0-all full size containers and it's only 25.00!! Really unbelievable, especially since it has the NXT 2.0 in it. As others have already stated, the wax and uqd alone would be 25.00 or more...

My Son got me that kit for Christmas. Already had a chance to try it out. My 150 is the dark blue and the NXT did 'haze' a bit however it was pretty cold out and it was just a quick wax to give the truck a good look over. Have not even purchased it yet, kind of on an extended test drive. I will finalize the deal in a week or two. And, a REAL detail job first thing this spring.

Quick Reply: So, is NXT 2.0 better? How and how much?