Small hit and run... rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
The other place I make weekend treks to would be Cow Mt. ever go up there? Its close and has plenty of trails to go play on!
sweet ill have to check it out sometime.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM
yesm... its up in Ukiah. Next time we go I will try to post something far enough in advance

Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Oh, you want to see dirty... right now my truck has not been washed for 8 months. Yes, a figure 8 months... going on 9 baby...

Why don't I wash it?! 'Cause it's a truck and it keeps people away. In fact, I wouldn't mind backing into a couple of oak trees just to twist the metal up a bit... would add some pizzazz... not to mention the fear factor when I roll into someone's driveway... and they look at me wearing a suit, and see me driving a disgusting wreck. Sends some mixed child-rapist type thoughts through the average person's mind.

How does this have anything to do with this thread? You want to be depicted as a frickin child molestor...thats cool

Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, Not that yall care but I am pretty stoked. Just got the truck back from the guys across the street. With their help I was able to patch up the driver side (when i took off my 4x4 sticker the clear coat came with it, pics in gallery) and they fixed up the scratches the some A-hole made on the hit+run. Its looks NICE. Here are a couple pics: Hit and run side:

Clear coat patch:

Decent job ay?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, Not that yall care but I am pretty stoked. Just got the truck back from the guys across the street. With their help I was able to patch up the driver side (when i took off my 4x4 sticker the clear coat came with it, pics in gallery) and they fixed up the scratches the some A-hole made on the hit+run. Its looks NICE. Here are a couple pics: Hit and run side:

Clear coat patch:

Decent job ay?
Yeah that looks pretty clean.....did they scuff shoot and blend it?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
sorry RR for the delayed response. Had some dificulties keeping power on friday. Big storm took out over 300,000 homes (electrical power). And no they didn't do a blend, they got me a whole new body panel. I guess a couple of the "scratches" were just too deep, so they ordered up new body panels. Did the primer and then did a color match paint to the rest of the body. Can't even tell. I think they did a real nice job. On the sticker side (the side i messed up and came to you guys for help on) they just took off all the paint. They said they saw some other imperfections in it and they wanted to just sand it all down and repaint. Now no more stupid "4x4" stickers !!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:57 PM
sorry RR for the delayed response. Had some dificulties keeping power on friday. Big storm took out over 300,000 homes (electrical power). And no they didn't do a blend, they got me a whole new body panel. I guess a couple of the "scratches" were just too deep, so they ordered up new body panels. Did the primer and then did a color match paint to the rest of the body. Can't even tell. I think they did a real nice job. On the sticker side (the side i messed up and came to you guys for help on) they just took off all the paint. They said they saw some other imperfections in it and they wanted to just sand it all down and repaint. Now no more stupid "4x4" stickers !!

Great...body panels are actually pretty cheap...its the labor and paint that is expensive.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, the body guy owed me a thing or two... so he was able to do all that for me. Plus he got me a new rear bumper cap (mine was broken about 2 days after i bought her). And i get a free detailing out of it... they do a good job so I think i will be willing to let someone else detail my truck. Just been hesitant so far. Thanks RR

Old 01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I feel your anger. Somebody hit and ran my wife's Escape last Thursday.

I'm 99.999% sure it was one of the city transit authority busses that park in the same parking lot. Even took a ton of pictures with a tape measure comparing damage on my SUV vs the rear end of those busses. Only problem is, every bus on the lot has rear end damage where they have run over someone/something so there's no way to crank up any heat on any particular lying, no good driver and get them to admit to it.

Asshats are going to cost me about $537.

$500 deductible so I'm not turning in a claim for that $37 and paying higher premiums.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Ouch ! Im sorry man! After just going through that whole thing... now it just really gets me to hear about it happening so often. WHO WOULD HIT AND RUN??? nut up and admit you messed up. The very least, leave a note with contact info. (I know I have done that one... person called me, thanked me for the honesty and said they didn't mind a small scratch and wouldn't use insurance). I also had a $500 deductible, right before my Vegas trip, but my damage was closer to the $2,000 mark ( $2,239.00 if I remember right). But on a hit+run (it may depend on your insurance carrier) your premium shouldn't be affected. It wasn't your fault. File it as a hit and run and you should be fine. but I see what your saying on saving a whopping $37... but money is money. I am also 99.9999 % sure on who or what it was. I am not sure which tow company (we get LOTS!!!) but i KNOW it was a flatbed tow truck just by the damage done and how high up it was. I originally thought it was our metal scrap guy, but after looking at his truck and my damage, it would've been imposible. Damn tow truck drivers. Again, I am sorry to hear this happened to ya.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have a damn cctv camera installed near the area where you park everyday, so this kind of bullsh1t doesn't happen to you again!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
have a damn cctv camera installed near the area where you park everyday, so this kind of bullsh1t doesn't happen to you again!
Already a step ahead of you. We have been looking around for a good cctv. We have been talking to our security company and they offer one where they do the monitoring. You get to have the digital recording... but they will have someone who looks over it at night and what not. Pretty cool idea... Not sure how price effective it will be tho.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Same thing happen to me. It's easrier gettindg that first ding out of the way. I had 3000 miles on the odometer. I now drive by feel.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by gunner07
Same thing happen to me. It's easrier gettindg that first ding out of the way. I had 3000 miles on the odometer. I now drive by feel.
huh ?

Quick Reply: Small hit and run... rant