Small hit and run... rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small hit and run... rant

Hey guys,
hoping yall can help (or at least re assure me and calm me down a bit) just got off work... headin out to my pickup when i notice my passenger side mirror was bent back almost all the way. Upon further inspection I have a pretty big dent and a bunch of deep scratches on my back corner (passenger) right by my 4x4 sticker. Here are a couple pics. i am just pissed no one said anything. Ran away like a little.... Well here are a couple pics. Not the best pics... and can't see the dent but you sure can see those scratches. So how bad is it going to get if it stays sitting like this for the next... lets say couple days ?

Any help/ input is really appreciated. I am sure most of you have forgot more than I will ever learn with body work and care. Thanks for any help. Now I am gunna go stomp around all pissed.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
F'n people have no respect for others property and like a coward just took off without a note or anything........... god that pisses me off to no end. sorry to H/J but my maxima got done like this but 9k worth and thats why im driving a big boy toy now.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey no worries man, nothing here to hijack. I was just pissed and did a quick little rant. I have gotten home and settled down a bit (thank you Fat Tire) and realized this is why I pay so much damn $$$$ for full coverage. I am going to file a police report tomorrow morning then place an insurance claim. It sucks, but at least it will get fixed... I talked to some guys and I think know who did this. It would be one of our metal scrap guys... sure can't wait for his next visit !

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Hey no worries man, nothing here to hijack. I was just pissed and did a quick little rant. I have gotten home and settled down a bit (thank you Fat Tire) and realized this is why I pay so much damn $$$$ for full coverage. I am going to file a police report tomorrow morning then place an insurance claim. It sucks, but at least it will get fixed... I talked to some guys and I think know who did this. It would be one of our metal scrap guys... sure can't wait for his next visit !
Man that sucks, sorry to see that. by the looks of it, how do you think it happened? What does he drive?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
a BIG ****, old school chevy. He has a huge box for a bed where he carries all his scrap metal. Its kinda hard to explain how it happened without knowing the area. Basically its a cluster F**K. I park in a normal parking stall with nice little white line and everything. But we share this big lot with a body shop... both of us can get pretty busy and have to start parking cars like tetris blocks allowing a drive way to the front and the back (its not as bad as it sounds.... I hope) Anyways the way my mirror was pushed back (and scratched up) means they were leaving the lot when they did it. The only big truck (being lifted a normal car could not reach) to go all the way into the back was the metal scrap guy. I'm assuming his big ole custom bed box hit it some how.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

i bet he will just say he didnt notice it, becuase his truck is too loud, or some lame excuse like that. was there any indication of the color of the paint from the vehicle that hit you??

oh and wash your rear panel/bumper, you got some mud caked on there

Old 12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
i bet he will just say he didnt notice it, becuase his truck is too loud, or some lame excuse like that. was there any indication of the color of the paint from the vehicle that hit you??

oh and wash your rear panel/bumper, you got some mud caked on there
It wont matter what he said... no one saw it. It will be a "he said vs. he said" that will go no where. i will file it under a hit and run... I have full coverage and pay out the *** to have a low deductible... it will be covered (better be at least). Ya, ya, ya I know it dirty! I am surprised it 3 posts for someone to say something. I guess I play too much. That was from late last night... got home and was too tired to wash. Its clean now but i might be going back out in a couple minutes

Old 12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Ya, ya, ya I know it dirty! I am surprised it 3 posts for someone to say something. I guess I play too much. That was from late last night... got home and was too tired to wash. Its clean now but i might be going back out in a couple minutes
I wasn't going to kick you while you were down.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I wasn't going to kick you while you were down.
I do appreciate it! ya gotta give me some credit tho... i beat the hell outta that thing, clean it almost daily and look at that shine in pic # 1 You can see my lil model car collection display case. And thats dirty!! I can clean her up to shine with the best of em (ok.. maybe not the best).

So this sure does suck... I will find out tomorrow but anyone have an idea how long I would be with out my truck (I would have a local shop do it so I can at least go look at her!!) ?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I do appreciate it! ya gotta give me some credit tho... i beat the hell outta that thing, clean it almost daily and look at that shine in pic # 1 You can see my lil model car collection display case. And thats dirty!! I can clean her up to shine with the best of em (ok.. maybe not the best).

So this sure does suck... I will find out tomorrow but anyone have an idea how long I would be with out my truck (I would have a local shop do it so I can at least go look at her!!) ?
1 week min. Then you cannot touch your paint for at least 90 days.

Ok, that should hurt a little. sorry.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
a BIG ****, old school chevy. He has a huge box for a bed where he carries all his scrap metal. Its kinda hard to explain how it happened without knowing the area. Basically its a cluster F**K. I park in a normal parking stall with nice little white line and everything. But we share this big lot with a body shop... both of us can get pretty busy and have to start parking cars like tetris blocks allowing a drive way to the front and the back (its not as bad as it sounds.... I hope) Anyways the way my mirror was pushed back (and scratched up) means they were leaving the lot when they did it. The only big truck (being lifted a normal car could not reach) to go all the way into the back was the metal scrap guy. I'm assuming his big ole custom bed box hit it some how.
That is exactly what I am going to do 20 years from now to people's cars when my F150 has so many dents and rust, that it might clean up some of the metal automatically.

No... but if that was mine... I'd be ticked... I hate when people do that kind of nonsense. At least leave a note on the windshield or something... sheesh.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 AM

Its clean now but i might be going back out in a couple minutes
Where the hell do you go? it hasnt rained in over a week...

Although, there are lots of farm fields out here that get muddy as hell, even right where i go hunting. Once im lifted with some mud grips, i will have some FUN.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts

Although, there are lots of farm fields out here that get muddy as hell, even right where i go hunting. Once im lifted with some mud grips, i will have some FUN.
Oh, you want to see dirty... right now my truck has not been washed for 8 months. Yes, a figure 8 months... going on 9 baby...

Why don't I wash it?! 'Cause it's a truck and it keeps people away. In fact, I wouldn't mind backing into a couple of oak trees just to twist the metal up a bit... would add some pizzazz... not to mention the fear factor when I roll into someone's driveway... and they look at me wearing a suit, and see me driving a disgusting wreck. Sends some mixed child-rapist type thoughts through the average person's mind.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 AM
DRJ

+1 on the farm fields... my night job doing security is a PITA for my truck to ever stay clean more than a week!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Anywhere that looks fun My buddy has a patch of dirt up in the hills behind me. Its maybe a 15 min drive and there are plenty of mud holes and places to go play. its just somewhere I go to get out of the house The other place I make weekend treks to would be Cow Mt. ever go up there? Its close and has plenty of trails to go play on!

Quick Reply: Small hit and run... rant